Chapter 14

1960, Olympus

"Cora come on!"

"Yes I'm coming Lydia," I rolled my eyes, walking out of my room.

"You are being summoned by the council of the gods, you might want to be on time," she laughed at me. I walked out of my home, saying goodbye to my closest friend on the way out. I began to walk along the path to the pavilion where the 12 gods were waiting for my arrival. I thought of what happened a few days back, the argument with Zeus. It went a little... far, you could say. He has the type of personality that you just want to rip off your own head because he is just so-

"You called me?" I faked a smile to Zeus, who was sitting on his chair at the head of the room.

"Yes, we need to talk," he said, and his face remained stoic.

"Hey dad," I looked over to Poseidon sitting next to his brother, and he smiled at me. I looked around the big room looking at my fellow gods and goddesses. Hera, Ares, Athena, Artemis, Hermes, Dionysus, Aphrodite, Hephaestus, Demeter, and Apollo, "Hey Apollo, surprised you're actually here and not too busy with another woman."

A few other gods chuckled before receiving a glare from Zeus. Apollo sarcastically laughed and winked at me, and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Anyways," Zeus said, the usual annoyance in his tone, "I have decided, that after our previous talk, you will be banned from Olympus."

My eyes immediately widened and my jaw dropped. "What?" I looked around the room and noticed the shocked faces of every other god in the room. Including my father.

"Yes, I have decided that because you have chosen to act this horrid way towards me, your point of leadership, you will no longer be allowed on Olympus," Zeus looked down at me with no emotion. "If you have no respect for me, then I have none for you. Your disagreements have come out of hand."

"Wait, let me get this straight, we get in an argument that you started and decide you don't want to deal with me anymore? Sorry, no. I am not doing that. You can't control that," I looked towards my father, "Come on you agree with me?" He stayed silent. He didn't even look at me. I gave them one last look before slamming the doors open and leaving them all behind me.

*          *          *

"No no no no no!" I yelled, and Lydia sat up from her chair quickly.

"What happened?"

"Zeus is banishing me!" I yelled.

"What? Why would he do that?" She asked, her green eyes just as shocked as mine, "Can he even do that?"

"I mean, he can but- but no! I'm- I'm Poseidon's daughter! I'm Zeus' niece! They can't just decided what goes on in my life, I do that!" I yelled in frustration, and told her I needed time alone.

A few short minutes later I heard banging at my door. I didn't respond.

I heard the door slam open, and two guards of Olympus armed with shields and spears burst in, coming towards me.

"Woah, woah what are you doing?" I asked. They grabbed me by the arms and tried to drag me out the door. I quickly formed two daggers in self defense and stabbed them both in the chests, and they dropped to the ground near me. I had done it so quickly I didn't have time to think, and realized what I did as I leaned against the wall, sliding to the floor. They couldn't actually ban me could they? I mean everything I have is here, everyone. Then again, killing two of Zeus' guards wasn't going to help. The door was knocked down abruptly, around 10 soldiers storming in. I tried my best to get out of their grip, but these soldiers were more trained then the first. They dragged me over to the pavilion, dropping me in front of Zeus who now sat alone. I could hear thunder booming in the distance. He was mad.

"When I summon you, you do not walk out," Zeus thundered, "you will be sent to the mortal world, not returning based on your behavior these last few days."

"All you do is sit on your ass and control people! It is my life and for once you don't control it! You get mad when someone disagrees with you and see them as a threat!" I looked up to Zeus, and his stormy grey eyes had something in them I had never seen before.

Fear. Yes, fear. They looked down at me like I would destroy the whole place. And I wanted to. The fear soon disappeared, and Zeus waved his hand, sending me to Earth.

"No!" I cried out. I saw the glow around me, and began to feel myself leaving my only home.

I fell to the ground, slamming my fists to the ground.

I looked around and knew I was on the coast of Chile. I hadn't been to Earth in a long time, only being there once anyways.

But I wasn't thinking of that. All I thought was of the betrayal of my family and own father. I didn't care about my uncle, he's always been a jerk. I was shaking with anger, and I didn't know where it was coming from. I needed a way to get rid of it.

I formed a longsword and struck it into the ground with as much power I could muster. I felt the earth begin to tremble beneath me, and I was satisfied with what I had done.

*          *          *

I sat in a small hotel where I was staying in Chile, and turned on the television to pass time.

I clicked it off almost as soon as I turned it on.

There was an earthquake, a 9.5 on the Richter scale, the biggest one in history. The earthquake on the coast created a tsunami, the destruction being over 2,000 deaths.

I sat there, horrified. I killed 2,000 innocent lives because I couldn't handle my own anger.