Chapter 26

Pietro sped up to us, staring at the helicarrier, "This is SHIELD?" He asked.

"This is what SHIELD's supposed to be," I nodded.

He looked over to me and smiled, "This, is not so bad."

"Let's load 'em up," Steve ordered. We all went in separate directions, in order to cover as much ground as possible. I directed the people towards the helicarrier. They were all running as quickly as they could, some running over the people in front of them. I tried to get them in as fast as I could. Not after what happened with the first family.

"Go, go! Come on!" I yelled over the crowd, while I stood on a destroyed car, waving my hands.

"Avengers, time to work for a living," Tony said over the comms, so I ran and met Steve in front of the helicarrier.

"You okay?" He asked.

I nodded and waved him off as we both began to run to the chapel in the center of the city. Once we arrived, we saw the whole team, minus Natasha and Hulk.

Tony's mask came off and looked to us nodding, then talked into his comm, "Romanoff? You and Banner better not be playing "hide the zucchini.""

"Relax, Shell-head," Natasha responded, "Not all of us can fly."

Soon after, she and Hulk arrived, and Natasha looked around the chapel, "What's the drill?"

"This is the drill," Tony answered, pointing at it, "If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose."

Just then, Ultron showed up, flying in front of us. We all immediately formed into a line facing him.

"Is that the best you can do?" Thor yelled, with the hint of a proud smile. Ultron moved his hand, and a huge new wave of the Iron Legion came forward.

Steve gave him a sideways glare, "You had to ask."

"This is the best I can do," Ultron raised his arms, "This is exactly what I wanted. All of you, against all of me. How could you possibly hope to stop me?

"Well, like the old man said," Tony said, looking over to Steve, "Together."

The Iron legion advanced, coming from all directions. Un-intentionally, we formed into a circle, each of us facing out around the drill. A bot came at me as I created a sphere of water, a trap for it to fly into. I pushed my hands together, and it crumpled into itself. I kept this up, destroying every one of them I could. As I stood next to Thor, we both saw dozens coming for us.

"Cora, I have an idea," He said, looking to the incoming robots, "Throw up a wall..." He paused for a few moments, "Now!"

I threw my hands up once again, this time creating a wall of water that separated me Thor, and the bots. As soon as I put it up, Thor raised his hammer, lighting attracting to it, and threw the lighting to the water. As all of this happened, the Iron legion attempted to reach us. They were all burned and electrocuted immediately, falling in a heap to the floor.

"Hell yeah!" I looked to Thor, giving him a high five. He paused, but then met my hand, giving me a big smile. I looked straight ahead, seeing what looked like the last of the robots, coming towards us all in one.

"Wait, guys, I got this one," I said, stopping the team as they tried to advance. I walked forward, closing my eyes to concentrate. I brought together all the water I could that was left on the city, from old pipes and wells, and created water to add to it. I felt myself rise up on the new wave I had created, riding it towards the Iron Legion. I pushed, making the wave roll faster and faster, then finally released myself. I looked up and saw the huge wave crash into the robots. I walked back into the chapel, seeing everyone staring with open mouths.