Chapter 57

I led Steve to the lab, as soon as we saw Hank Pym pushing people to get through the hallway. I burst in the door, frantically searching for the red vials.

"Here!" I heard Steve say, and turned around to find him grabbing the particles.

We ran back outside, and began walking down the hallway slowly to not draw attention. I looked up, and saw the same woman from the elevator talking with guards. I couldn't hear her, but assumed she was describing us. Steve stopped, and opened up a door next to him, dragging me in.

I turned around, and noticed a familiar looking office. I looked to the door behind me and saw the name Margret Carter on it. I remembered going in here every Tuesday morning. Peggy and I would drink coffee and talk. Talk about all the events in our lives. We used that time to catch up when everything else in our lives were so busy.

Steve walked up to the window, and I stepped next to him. I saw Peggy talking with a man. A few moments later, I saw myself, bell bottom jeans and everything, walk through the door. Past me gave Peggy a hug and shook the mans hand. I looked over to Steve, who was staring sadly at Peggy.

I stepped back, giving him a moment.

"We should go," I whispered.

He turned around, nodding as we walked back outside.

We stood between crates to not be seen, and I saw Tony walking with a man. I looked closer, and saw it was Howard Stark.

"What is Tony doing with him?" I whisper shouted, "We're supposed to keep a low profile."

"You knew Howard, right?" Steve asked me.

"Yeah," I said, still looking to them talking.

"So... does that mean, you've known Tony since he was a baby?"

I looked back to Steve, "Oh, no," I laughed, "I actually never met Tony until I was at a party in LA. He was super drunk and I had to take him back to his place."

"Did you two..." Steve trialed off, raising his eyebrows.

"What? Fondue?" I looked to Steve and kept a straight face.

"Fondue- How did you-"

"Oh, come on. Peggy told me about that a long time ago. She never told me who said it, but after I met you I pieced it together," I said. Steve laughed, and looked down, "And no, Tony and I never 'fondued'. He tried to make a move on me, but he passed out before I could even say no. When he woke up, he apologized, and we've obviously been good friends since."

Steve nodded, and we both looked over to Tony, and he held up a briefcase with a thumbs up.

I turned back to Steve, letting out a sigh, "You know, Steve. I know that you and Peggy... well, I mean. I know that... Well, if you ever wanted to go back... or, you know- for her, I-"

"Cora, are you seriously asking me if I would leave you for Peggy?" Steve grabbed my left hand, showing me my ring, "You do remember when we got married, right? And I promised to stay with you forever? Because I meant that. Sure, Peggy used to be apart of my life. But that was a long time ago. You're my wife, Cora Rogers. That will always be the same."

I smiled at him, and opened my mouth to respond, but stopped as Tony walked up to us.

"Did you get it?" I asked eagerly.

Tony held up the briefcase again, nodding.

"Alright," Steve nodded, "Let's go."

We all activated our suits again, putting the Pym particles into the designated spot. We shrunk down into the quantum tunnel, making our way back to the present.

We came back to our normal sizes, and I looked around, seeing the rest of the team with us.

"Did we get them all?" Bruce asked, eager for an answer.

Rhodey had a big smile on his face, "You telling me this'll actually work?"

I smiled, looking around to everyone. I looked to Clint, who was looking down. I looked next to him, where a spot was open. Someone was supposed to be standing there. But no one was.

Bruce's expression immediately changed as we all noticed this, "Clint, where's Nat?"

He didn't answer, and I knew what his silence meant.

Natasha was gone.

I stumbled slightly, and Steve tried to steady me, but I pushed him away and walked off.