Chapter 32

"Captain Rogers," Vision said, "I know you believe what you're doing is right. But for the collective good you must surrender now."

Tony, Natasha, T'Challa, Peter, Rhodey, and I lined up as we saw the others walk towards us about twenty feet away.

Steve, Clint, Sam, Bucky, and the Ant-Man dude lined up, stopping before they reached us. I saw Steve say something to the people around him, and they began running towards the quinjet behind us.

"They're not stopping," Peter said nervously.

"Neither are we," Tony muttered.

We all broke into a sprint, meeting in the middle.

I found myself in front of Bucky, and threw a punch, but he dodged and got me in the stomach. I formed water, encasing him in it and lifting him into the air. Suddenly I felt myself being thrown to the ground. I leaned on my elbows and looked up, seeing Wanda ten feet in front of me, hands lit up with red.

I cursed, trying to get up, but Bucky stood over me, prepared to stop me. I put my hands up, but Bucky was kicked away once again from T'Challa.

The fighting continued, and I tried to stop them from getting to the jet, but not enough to actually hurt them. Even if we didn't agree, we were all still friends. Family.

Suddenly, a huge Ant-man appeared, walking towards Rhodey, and grabbing him by the leg.

"Holy shit!" I heard Peter yell.

"Okay, tiny dude is big now. He's big now!" Rhodey yelled.

I jumped up from the ground, seeing Steve and Bucky watching me as they ran towards the jet. I ran in front of them, and Steve stopped, looking at me warily.

"Okay, anybody on our side hiding any shocking and fantastic abilities they'd like to disclose, I'm open to suggestion," Tony said.

I ignored him, looking to Steve instead.

"Did he do it?" I asked, nodding towards Bucky.

"No he didn't, Cora. I swear he didn't. But if we don't go now, the other super soldiers are going to kill even more people," Steve took another step forward.

I sighed, "I might regret this, but whatever."

Steve looked at me confusedly.

"Let's go," I began walking to the quinjet, and looked behind me to a still confused Steve, Bucky already following after me, "Let's go!"

We sprinted towards the jet, and when we were almost into the hanger, Vision used his stone to destroy the control tower. It began to fall over us, and I thought we weren't going to make it.

When the rock didn't come, I looked up to the building encased in red, seeing Wanda holding it up for us. I gave her a smile, and we continued the sprint. When we got through the rubble, we stopped, looking to the quinjet.

Someone walked into our view, covered by the shadows. When they came forward, I saw it was Natasha. She looked at me confusedly.

"When are you helping them all of a sudden?" She asked.

"Because Bucky didn't bomb the Accords meeting, and we need to stop the other soldiers," I said. I looked to Bucky and he gave me a small smile.

Natasha looked over to Steve, "You're not gonna stop."

"You know I can't."

Natasha held up her weapons, "I'm gonna regret this."

She shot, but missed us. I looked quickly behind me, and saw she was stunning T'Challa.

"Go," She said.

We boarded the jet, Steve taking control as I sat in the seat next to him.

"I'm sorry, Cora," Steve started, "This whole thing-"

"It's okay, Steve," I said quickly, then looked back to Bucky standing behind us, "Obviously Bucky did something right for you to do this."

"What's gonna happen to your friends?" Bucky asked.

Steve sighed and shook his head, "Whatever it is... I'll deal with it."

"What Cora said... I don't know if I'm worth all this, Steve."

"What you did all those years... it wasn't you. You didn't have a choice," Steve sighed.

"I know. But I did it."

I looked forward, mentally preparing myself for the oncoming fight.

I suddenly got a very weird feeling, like my body was tearing apart.

"Cora- Cora?" Steve looked over to me, seeing me in pain, "Bucky! Take control!"

Bucky took Steve's place, while Steve picked me up and out of my seat, setting me down against the wall.

"Cora look at me," He pleaded.

I looked to my hands, seeing them glow with gold.

I looked back up to Steve, cupping his face and giving him a passionate kiss, "I love you, Steven Grant Rogers."

"Cora, what is going on? Cora-"

I felt myself leave Earth, erupting in gold light.

Steve tried to reach for me one more time, but it was too late.

*          *          *

I felt myself drop to the floor on my knees, tears in my eyes.

I slowly looked up, seeing the twelve Olympians staring down at me.