Chapter 66

I took a big breath in, and opened up the big doors Steve and I stood in front of. We both walked in, hand in hand. I could tell Steve was extremely nervous because he gripped my hand and stood closer to me.

I met every god and goddess' eye in the room, giving a bright smile. I missed them. Yes, they were narcissistic and full of drama. But they were family. Every family has flaws. And ours happens to have a lot.

I stopped in the middle of the pavilion, looking up to my father, Hades, and Zeus.

"So..." Hades looked up from picking at his nails with a knife, "You're alive?"

My eyes narrowed and I tried to lunge forward. Two sets of hands grabbed my arms, holding me back. I continued to struggle against them but I finally gave up after getting nowhere. I looked behind me, seeing Steve holding onto one arm, and that Apollo had appeared next to me, gripping my other. Once they both saw I had calmed down, slightly, they let go. Steve and Apollo looked at each other, and Steve took a protective stance. Apollo glared at him, but shimmered back to his throne.

Hades laughed, loving how he caused me to act, but I stayed still and managed to not move.

Steve leaned over and whispered into my ear, "I want to hurt him too, but you know we can't."

"You're night," Zeus said, somehow hearing him. "We can't. Not matter how much we would all love to" I looked around and saw everyone glaring at Hades as well.

Poseidon finally spoke up, "As much as I want him to rot in the pits of hell where he belongs, literally, this had to happen."

It made me feel better that no one was fond of what he did either.

"So..." Athena said, "Are you going to introduce us?"

"Right," I held out my arms, showcasing Steve, "My husband, Steve Rogers, everyone."

As I looked around I saw Aphrodite smiling sweetly at him. I looked back to Steve, who had a confused look, and slowly turned away from her. Aphrodite's smile quickly vanished as she saw he wasn't interested. She's probably not used to men rejecting her.

"Well, there are many reasons you have joined us today." Zeus, for the first time in a long time, had a genuine smile on his face. "One, we want to thank all of you for what you did on Earth. You did what we all needed you to do. Second, we finally have the opportunity to meet Steven. And three, Cora has asked a favor from us. What it is, I do not know."

I took a step forward, and took a deep breath in. I looked behind me, giving a small smile to Steve. He smiled back and I thought of how much I loved him. How he's always been there for me. How much he truly cares about he. How he pushes me to be the best self I can be. All I want is to make him happy after all he's done for me. All he wants is to have a normal life. Finally retire with children and the woman he loves. So after a lot of thought I decided, "I want you to make me mortal." I said, looking to Zeus and my father.

Everyone gave an audible gasp. Zeus looked confused, "Wait a minute-"

"No, I know this is what I want." I turned to look at Steve, "I know its what you want too. A normal life. And this is the only way."

"Cora-" Steve started.

"I promise, this is what I want," I smiled.

I turned back to face the three gods. "If this is what you want, we owe it to you after all you have done for us," Zeus said. I looked to my father, and he had a small smile and a twinkle in his eye. He knew I would do this.

"Very well," Zeus nodded, "We respect your decision, though we will miss not having you around forever."

My head snapped over to Zeus. "I'm sorry... what did you just say?"

"I'm sorry for being harsh with you. Seeing you down on Earth with all of them, showed me how wrong I was about you, to be honest with all of you."

I burst out laughing immediately. I looked around the room, seeing all the others in shock at him as well.

"What?" Zeus asked.

"Thank you, that really means a lot. But really? You just admitted you were wrong?" I asked.

"Well... I- I have..." Zeus couldn't find the right words to say, "I believe I did. It was slightly difficult."

"Whatever," I laughed.

"You are free to go," Poseidon said, "As soon as you step back on Earth you will be human."

He walked to me and gave me another hug before I left, and also shook hands with Steve. "If you ever hurt her, you won't be able to blink an eye before you are taken out of existence." He said through a smile.

Steve nodded, and let go of his hand. "I would never think of it sir"

"Oh please! I was joking. And Poseidon's fine," My dad regained his usual bright smile, "But don't hurt her."

"I wont!" Steve defended.

Poseidon nodded and sat back down. Steve and I turned around, and began walking to the end of the pavilion. As we passed the rest of the gods, they all looked at Steve with glaring eyes.

"You better not hurt her," Ares said, his eyes glowing with fire.

"If you do-" Athena started.

"Alright, I think he gets it!" I stopped her and we finally stepped out of the pavilion.

Steve turned to me. "I'll never hurt you, you know that right?"

I wrapped my arms behind his neck, "I do."

We met in the middle with a kiss, and he leaned me back. I started laughing as he picked me up.

Once he set me down, I looked as the sun over the mountain Olympus stood on began to set.

"I love you, Steve."

"More then Apollo?" Steve looked down at me with a smile.

"Oh, he's always been a flirt with me. We were never a thing though."

Steve laughed and wrapped his arm around my waist, and we stepped into the portal that took us back to Earth.

Finis