Chapter 45

After getting on my suit, and getting over the fact that Steve just cussed, I walked onto Rocket's ship.

I sat down, strapping myself in next to Steve.

"You ready?" I asked.

He nodded slowly, just staring straight ahead.

Rocket then walked in front of us all, "Okay, who here hasn't been to space?"

Natasha, Steve, and Rhodey raised their hands, and I gave a slight smile.

"Why?" Rhodey, asked looking around to the rest of us.

"You better not throw up on my ship," Rocket said, then sat next to Nebula.

The engine was turned on, and we flew up into the air, "Approaching jump in 3... 2... 1!" Nebula yelled.

The ship lurched forward, and I felt Steve grasp onto my hand that was on the arm rest. I looked over to him, seeing his eyes widen at the colors streaking past us.

The ship finally slowed, and hovered over the planet where Thanos lived. Carol got out, hovering in front of us, "I'll head down for recon."

I got out of my seat, and stood next to Steve, "This is gonna work, Steve."

"I know it will," He said looking to me, a mix of anger and fear in his eyes. "Cause I don't know what I'm going to do if it doesn't."

Carol was soon back, and we all turned to her.

"No satellites, no ships, no armies, no ground defenses of any kind. It's just him," She said, and slight confusion was heard in her voice.

Nebula nodded, "And that's enough."

We landed, getting out onto the lush planet. We had a plan to get Thanos down, and I watched Bruce, Carol, Thor, and Rhodey bust in the hut first.

A few moments later, Steve, Natasha, and I walked through the new hole in the wall from the Hulkbuster. I saw Carol holding him in a choke hold, as Thanos groaned from his hand being previously sliced off. Rocket kicked it over, and I took a step forward to pick up the stones.

It rolled over, and I stopped dead in my tracks. The stones were gone.

"Oh no," Rocket muttered.

I looked up to Thanos, staring murderously at him.

"Where are they?" Steve asked.

He didn't answer, just looked me in the eyes, "WHERE ARE THEY?" I yelled at him.

He still didn't answer, and Carol wrapped her arms tighter, "Answer the question!"

"The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose, beyond temptation," Thanos spat.

"You murdered trillions!" Bruce yelled, punching him to the ground.

Thanos looked up to him, "You should be grateful."

Natasha stepped forward, a horrified look on her face, "Where are the Stones?"

"Gone. Reduced to atoms."

"You used them two days ago!" Bruce yelled again.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones. It nearly killed me. But the work is done. It always will be," Thanos then sat a little straighter, "I am... inevitable."

"We have to tear this place apart, he-he-he has to be lying," Rhodey said.

"My father is many things. A liar is not one of them," Nebula looked down to her father.

"Ah, thank you, daughter," Thanos looked up to her, "Perhaps I treated you too harshly."

Suddenly I saw the blur of an axe, and before I could stop him, Thor sliced Thanos' head clean off, and his limp body fell to the floor.

"What... What did you do?" Rocket asked quietly.

I looked to Thor, and saw the broken expression on his face, "I went for the head."

Thor walked out of the small house, and I began to follow after him slowly, leaving the remains of Thanos' body to rot.