Chapter 62

Battle cries were let out, swords were unsheathed, and weapons were summoned as we wall ran forward. I saw Thanos before me hold out his sword and command his army forward.

As I almost reached the enemy army, I remembered the gift my gather had given me.

I immediately yelled as loud I could, "Sthenios!"

A horse, out of nowhere, appeared right next to me. The same one that my father showed me. As I continued to run forward, I jumped and put my foot into the stirrup, swinging my other leg over him. As soon as I set myself on the horse, we immediately clashed with Thanos' army. I formed my long sword, slashing across the Chitauri in my way.

I continued riding throughout the battle field, before I was stopped by Squidward.

I stopped and dismounted Sthenios and stood in front of him. Sthenios stayed near me, and I was only slightly terrified as I saw him rip limbs from the enemy soldiers.

A horse of the gods indeed.

"So... Last time I saw you I kicked your ass," I formed my trident and spun it once casually, "Ready for another round?"

He didn't respond, and raised his hands to control boulders and throw them at me. I easily formed a wall of shadow in front of me, and the rock disintegrated.

I formed more shadow and encased him in it, lifting him up into the air. I mentally forced the shadow to compress into itself, and Squidward erupted into nothing.

"Well," I shrugged, "That was easier then last time."

I saw Peter Parker quickly swing in front of me, and saw the gauntlet in his hands.

I ran after him, and saw him get surrounded by Chitauri.

"Activate Instant Kill!" He yelled. Iron spider legs formed out of his suit to help him get out of the mass of Chitauri.

I finally reached him, and threw my fist to the ground, and the Chitauri near us collapsed.

All of a sudden, I heard cannons erupt above us, and I looked up to see us being fired at. I immediately threw up my arms to create a shield. It was over Peter and I, and he scooted closer to get underneath it.

"Uh, is anyone else seeing this?" I heard Pepper over the comms. As the firing finally slowed, I looked around, and saw the dam had been destroyed. Water was flooding in, and I let my shield down, leaving Peter and running towards it.

Once I got there, water had already started to flood a lot of the enemy, but also along with ours. I gathered all the water and forced it to rise upwards.

Suddenly, the firing stopped, and I looked up to the huge spaceship, to see the cannons were no longer firing at us, but something in the sky.

As I still held the water up, I squinted to see a bright light of energy flying through the huge ship. The ship crashed to the ground, thankfully away from us, and the firing ceased.

I finally decided to turn on my comm, and heard Wanda.

"Don't worry."

"She's got help," Another women finished.

"Shit, guys, are we doing a girl power thing?" I asked. "Strange!" I yelled when I saw him near me, "Take care of this for me?"

He nodded, and I began sprinting back towards the middle of the battle field.

"Sam? I could use a lift," I said, looking above me.

"Sure thing."

Sam flew down as I jumped up with my hand in the air for him to grab. He happened to grab my left hand, and looked down to see my wedding ring.

"Are you kidding me? You couldn't wait for me?" He asked in surprise.

"Not the time Sam!" I yelled, and he dropped me in front of all the other women.

"Alright now she's got all the help he can get." I nodded, and formed my trident, mounting Sthenios who had come next to me.

We advanced forward, and I easily rode through the Chitauri, slashing through each one.

Thanos was in front of me, and I looked to Carol. We both nodded to each other, and I jumped off Sthenios. Thanos threw his sword at something, causing an explosion to happen and throw Carol away from him. I contiued forward, not looking back.

I formed rope out of shadow and wrapped it around his neck and arm with the gauntlet, dragging him near me. I smiled as I tightened them and he struggled to fight against me. He attempted to use his free hand and undo the ropes, but I quickly threw a dagger that sliced through his palm. He let out a cry, and I continued to bring him near me. He finally looked me dead in the eye, and stopped fighting back. He then quickly yanked on the roped that was around his neck, causing me to fall onto the ground. He ripped it off his neck and arm, and stood over me.

"You have power, and that I admire. You seem to not give up easily. But I... I am no match for you." He lifted his fist that held the gauntlet, and hit me.

Again... and again... and again.

The hits finally stopped when something collided into him, but by then I could feel nothing. He had used the stones to add force, and all I could do was lay still, my eyes swollen and barely open.

I laid there, unable to do anything, when I finally gathered the strength to roll onto my stomach. I placed my hands to the ground, and pushed up, but just fell back down.

I pushed up again, this time to my knees, and finally up to my feet. I stumbled over to where Thanos stood, as he raised the gauntlet.

"I am... inevitable." He snapped his fingers, and I stopped, expecting the worse to happen.

But nothing came. I looked back up, to see Tony on his knees, the six infinity stones held in his suit. Gamma radiation was sent coursing through him, and his face contorted in pain.

"And I... am... Iron Man." Tony snapped his fingers and I was surrounded in a flash of light.

When it finally cleared, I looked around me to see the enemy, along with Thanos, crumble into ash. He faded away, but I ignored that, and looked back to Tony.

And that's when the worse happened.

He slumped to the ground, and I rushed to him with all the strength I had left. I looked over him, seeing him fatally injured, and he could barely keep his eyes focused on me.

"Cora..." He breathed, and I let out a sob.

"Tony, its going to be okay. Hey, I love you, okay? I love you..." My voice cracked and I couldn't speak anymore, and I felt myself being pulled to my feet. I was dragged away from him, and I saw Peter, tears in his eyes, fall next to him. I knew it was Steve who was holding me, and I dropped to my knee.

I watched as Pepper talked to him for the last time. I watched the light of his arc reactor flicker out.

Everyone followed after me, dropping to their knee. Steve grabbed my hand and squeezed it for comfort, but I didn't look to him.

Tony Stark was dead, and that was all that filled my head. Not that we won. Not that I had my family back.

Only that Tony Stark was gone.