Chapter 5

We all stood in a circle, facing out, preparing to face the enemy army. I formed my falcatas again seeing the Chitauri approaching. More Chitauri were flying through the portal, a lot more, it seemed, then we could handle.

"Guys?" I said.

"Call it, Captain," Tony said.

"Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna use containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash," Steve ordered.

"Wanna give me a lift?" Clint asked Tony.

"Right. Better clench up, Legolas."

"Thor! You gotta try and bottleneck that portal, slow 'em down. You got the lightning, light the bastards up,"

"Natasha, you and me, we stay here on the ground, keep the fighting here. Cora, I want you by the water and use your powers to stop the Chitauri from going any farther, and hulk," Steve looked to him and pointed upwards, "Smash." Everyone went to where they were told, me staying behind.

"Steve, I'm gonna need a lift," I said, looking up to the alien spaceships.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Absolutely not."

Steve laughed. He got his shield ready as I sprinted towards him jumping on a nearby car, jumping on his shield, and him giving me a boost. I reached up and grabbed hold of a craft and killed the Chitauri on it, taking control and flying it to the river.

Once I got there and landed, I took a deep breath, drawing my power from the water. I used it to create a wall of water, the Chitauri seeing a new threat and coming towards me. I pushed my wall forward, drowning them all easily. I drowned out the noise of the team talking on the comms, killing Chitauri left and right. I slowly made my way back to Stark tower, the water following behind me.

"Anyone on the deck we have a rogue bird. We need to shut it down! Repeat, takeoff is not authorized!" I suddenly heard Fury over the comms, "Stark, you hear me? You have a missile headed straight for the city."

"How long,"

"Three minutes. Max. Stay load can wipe out mid-town."

Over the comms I could hear Natasha, "I can close it. Can anybody copy? I can shut the portal down!"

"Do it!" I yelled, finally meeting Thor and Steve back downtown, the water receding.

"No, wait," Tony said.

"Stark, these things are still coming!" Steve protested.

"I got a nuke coming in, it's gonna blow in less than a minute," we saw Tony fly over us with the missile, "And I know just where to put it."

"Tony no!" I yelled.

"Stark, you know that's a one way trip," Steve said next to me.

"Tony please don't do this, there has to be another way," I protested.

"Cora, I have to do this, you know I have to,"

We saw Tony fly up and redirect the missile up into the portal.

"Come on, Stark," I looked up at the portal, hoping for a miracle.

"Close it," Steve said into the comms. Right before it closed entirely, the iron man suit fell through and plummeted through the sky.

"Son of a gun," Steve whispered, smiling.

"He's not slowing down," Thor noticed, preparing to fly and get him.

Out of nowhere, hulk jumped and caught him, throwing him in front of us. Thor ripped off his helmet and I frantically checked for a pulse. There was none. I sat down defeated, as Hulk roared next to us.

"What the hell? What just happened?" Tony bolted awake and I tackled him in a hug, after he let go he said, "Please tell me nobody kissed me," I rolled my eyes and hugged him again.

"We won," Steve said, looking around us.

"Alright, Hey. Alright. Good job, guys. Let's just not come in tomorrow. Let's just take a day. You ever tried shawarma? There's a shawarma joint about two blocks from here. I don't know what it is, but I wanna try it,"

"Oh, I love shawarma," I said as my stomach growled.

"We're not finished yet," Thor said, looking up at stark tower.

"And then shawarma after?" I asked.