𝐭𝐰𝐨

By the next day, I had almost forgotten about my interaction with the kook king. Keyword being Almost. I don't quite know why but I just couldn't shake the thought of him out of my head. His glare, his smirk. His whole demeanor ignited a fire inside me, making my face red and my hands clench. His deep hatred towards my friends didn't help with my attitude.

I had brought myself out into the backyard earlier this morning, hoping to get some light reading in and possibly enjoy the North Carolinian sun but my brain has been blocked by the boy since our encounter the previous night. I didn't want to think of him anymore, I couldn't think of him anymore.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard JJ yell at me from across the yard. Turning in my hammock to look at him I could see that he, Pope, and John B were all out on the water, most likely coming from John B's. They must've been taking the HMS Pogue somewhere.

"Let's go baby pogue," John B called from the boat. I rolled, not so gracefully out of my hammock, and ran down the dock. My form resembling a baby deer. When I got to the end of the dock, I launched myself straight into the boat landing directly on top of JJ. I laughed as he fell flat underneath me.

"Really, Marls," he groaned from underneath me as I continued to laugh. I moved off of him and kissed his cheek, settling down beside him. As he recovered, he moved his arm around my shoulder as I moved closer to his body, cuddling into the blondes' side.

"Where are we off to today, boys," I asked the three teenagers surrounding me. It was a dumb question to ask but still a good one. I need to know if I have to prepare myself for jail or not.

"What we do best, of course, little one," JJ said pocking my cheeks, I angrily swatted him away. 

"One, I'm not little. I'm like a month younger than you. Two, does that mean we are going to get Kie," I asked. I squealed in excitement when the boys confirmed my question. I pulled myself away from JJ's side as I looked out at the water in front of us. The marsh full of sage greenery, and the water, a calm cerulean blue. The Outer Banks was my favorite place in the world, the marsh being a top spot as well. It had been my home since I was six, my dad and I moving here after mom left. I moved in down the street from John B and saw him with JJ one day, they approached me and declared me their best friend and taught me everything I know about the OBX life. Ten years later, here I am still under their wings.

"Hey kiddos," Kie called as she jogged down her dock to meet us.

"Kie," I yelled jumping up to hug the girl. I bounded across the boat towards her, jumping into her arms. She stumbled slightly as she caught me, the boys rushing towards us to prevent any accidental drownings.

"Alright Marls, let the girl breathe," JJ said pulling me off her. I turned to glare at the boy but let him pull me away. As we rode away from the dock he set me beside him again, this time my legs over the top of his as he played with the fraying ends of my jean shorts. I leaned closer to the boy, resting my head on his shoulder listening to my friends talk and the sound of the water surround me.

"Fucking kooks," I heard as I felt JJ pull me closer. I turned in the direction he faced, seeing the three stooges standing along the dock of the Cameron residence. The three turned at the sound of our boat, a degrading glare on each of their faces. John B sped the boat up but none of the rest caught the wink Rafe sent me just before we were out of sight.
Again, what do you want with me, Rafe Cameron?

_______________



A/N:

hi or hey?
chapter two???? heck yeah it is.

how do we like Marley??

who do you think I am??

xoxo gossip girl...