twenty-four✰

SARAH'S POV!

I closed the door behind me, shuffling to sit next to John B who was laying back on his bed, his eyes closed shut as he held his arms out for me to crawl into.

I obliged, laying in his open arms as I drew shapes on his chest. "She's changed him you know," I mumbled into his chest, my mind purely on my brother and Marley as I turned to watch John B's reaction, he looked down at me, a confused look etched on his face at the sound of Marley.

"What do you mean changed?" He questioned, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear as he sat up, bringing me with him as we faced each other.

"I don't know he's just been less of a dick," I shrugged, not really knowing how to put it into words.

"I doubt that."

"No seriously the other day he blew up at Topper for saying something about her, Kelce had to hold him back." I mumbled, sure he had changed, and I knew he cared about her but his violent side was still showing, something that I didn't think could be changed.

"Do you think he treats her right?" John B muttered, his voice soft as he leaned back on his forearms.

I knew how much Marley meant to John, they were bestfriends and he was just looking out for her, heck even I was concerned when I first saw Marley and Rafe together.

"Yeah, I think he does, he seems to really care about her," I mumbled, recalling the times when he had gotten into numerous fights with Kelce or Topper after they had said something about the girl that they shouldn't have.

"Yeah well I don't trust him, he's a dick." He retorted, shaking his head at the mere thought of Rafe actually treating Marley right.

A huff left my mouth as I rolled my eyes at his stubbornness, I knew Rafe and he had never acted like this about a girl ever. Sure he had flings with girls but he'd make crude jokes behind her back and not stand up for her no matter what his friends said about her. Marley was different and I knew it.

"When have you ever seen Rafe stand up for a girl he was seeing," I argued, my eyebrow rising as I watched him run a hand through his tousled hair as he thought to himself.

"Okay so maybe he's changed a bit but that doesn't mean I trust him, the dude's a dick and until he proves himself I'm not buying it, for marley I'll let it be but the second he hurts her it's over." He sighed, standing to his feet as he left the room, myself following close behind.

"Just give him a chance, I know how much he can be an asshole but he deserves a shot," I rushed, watching as he scavenged the cupboard for a glass, filling the cup to the brim with water.

His eyes fell on mine, a sigh passing his lips as he took in what I was saying, I know it was hard for him, especially since Marley was like a sister to him. But I thought Rafe deserved a chance, even if he's a dick most of the time.

He nodded his head slightly, the smallest smile tugging at the edge of his lips as he sipped at his cool water.

"Fine," He sighed causing a grin to stretch across my lips, "But," He cut me off, "If he does anything, and I mean anything to hurt her I'm beating his ass."

I rolled my eyes at his protectiveness.

At Least I tried.

______________

⚓︎⚓︎⚓︎⚓︎⚓︎⚓︎⚓︎⚓︎

a/n!

my brother won't stop screaming ;' )

anyway bye.