𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

After sitting and eating the time came for us to pay, we all scarfed up as much money as we could. Eventually sparing enough to pay for the fully overpriced meal we had that wasn't even that good.

"Marls, you coming with us?" JJ asked sliding a hand around my waist guiding me out the door with the rest of the group

"I kinda wanna walk around Figure Eight for awhile." I spoke softly staring at the interior of the prestigious country club. I loved exploring the side of the island how different it conflicted from my house and my friends.

"Marley" John said sending me a disapproving look "just come with us." he said his protectiveness shining through.

"Guys I'll be fine just go." I said removing JJ's hand from my waist as he placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Be safe Baby Pogue." he whispered. I ruffled his hair causing both of us to giggle. I watched my four friends head out the door leaving me alone with my own thoughts.

I slowly searched the room studying each and every individual. The women wore fancy dresses following the strict dress code as the boys strutted in their expensive collared shirts. I looked down at my outfit suddenly feeling out of place. My hair was still placed in a bun, an oversized drug rug hung just below my thighs, comfy shorts underneath. I was always more laid back than any of the pogues and was especially different from the Kooks. I guess that's what happens when your parents name you after Bob Marley himself. My parents had basically fallen in love with Bob Marley so when they had their only child they couldn't help but name me Marley. The Pogues truly loved making fun of me for that but they babied me in everything so I guess that made up for it.

"You're following me Redfield." spoke the same boy who couldn't keep his eyes off me interrupting my thoughts. I barely even acknowledged the boy before heading out the door. The more I ignored the Kook king the more empowered I felt, no one ignored Rafe Cameron and especially no one who could easily be broken in half by the boy. I walked down the sidewalk humming softly to myself as I stared at the giant houses and fancy businesses. What a life to live.

"Marley?" I heard a lady exclaim as I turned my head towards the voice.

"Hey there Ms. Landry." I said walking over to the women who was tending to her garden.

"How are you?" she asked continuing to work on the weeds around her.

"I'm great. Just exploring this side of the island, could never get enough of it." I said smiling at the women. Ms. Landry had taken care of me when I was a child before marrying one of the richest men on the island and moving on completely with her life but she kept in touch sometimes.

"Are you with Ward's son?" she asked as I giggled softly. Why would she think that?

"No no." I said honestly embarrassed that she'd even think that.

"Well he's got his eyes on you." She said nonchalantly pointing to the boy and giggling like this was some sort of gossip. I turned to see the boys eyes which I'd gotten far too familiar with for my liking of course they were watching my every move.

"If you'd excuse me I should probably get home." I said smiling at the women, then turning the opposite way from home and heading toward the boy. At this point he was hiding behind a tree. As I turned the corner I pushed his shoulder causing him to startle and whip his head around.

"Okay what the fuck do you want?" I asked the large boy in front of me.

"What?" he asked oblivious.

"You keep following me and staring at me and it's weird." I said uncomfortably turning shy at the end.

"I don't what you're talking about." he said the same sly smirk appearing upon his face. I scoffed rolling my eyes.

"Whatever Rafe." I said walking away from him. Only to be resisted by his hand.

"You know I'm not as bad as your friends think I am." he said looking me up and down. His stare was filled with something but the question was, what?

"And I'm gonna continue to believe my friends over you." I said as his hand finally released from mine. I did wonder if he truly meant what he said. I would believe the Pogues till the day I die but I truly wanted to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

"I can prove it to you bambi." he said smiling towards me.

"Bambi?" I questioned innocently.

"You're like a little deer, Bambi." he said laughing slightly.

"Okay." I said slightly smiling.

"One day." he said. "Give me one day. Think of it as a bet. and if I can prove that I'm not the Kook King or whatever then I win." he smirked staring around me probably to make sure none of his friends were watching him interact with a Pogue.

"I don't think the Pogues would approve." I said softly worrying about my friends opinions.

"Don't worry bout them." he said softly.

"Fine. One day Rafe." I said reluctantly. Did I want to go? No. Did I want to see if he could truly prove me wrong? Yes.

What had I gotten myself into?

_______________

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂

A/N!

hiiii :)

i'm so happy y'all
are enjoying this book

comment your thoughts we love to hear them!

who do you think i am ?!?!