sixteen ✰

Rafe and I had gone our separate ways, bidding our goodbyes as I made my way back home. The sun was starting to rise as I pulled into my driveway.

Once I neared the front-door my eyes fell on the impatient girl, tapping her yellow vans on the wooden deck as she waited for somebody to answer the door. I stopped in my spot as I watched the Kiara check her watch.

Her eyes fell on me as she let out a sigh of relief, smiling smally at me as she sauntered over across the driveway "Look I'm sorry about everything," She rushed, stopping to stand in front of me, "Look it's your life you do what you want to do and i'll be here to support you alright?" she added, biting her lip as she watched me carefully.

A smile broke out across my lips as I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her tightly against my chest as she giggled softly. "I forgive you, you're my only girl best friend and I know you were just looking out for me," I frowned sadly, pulling away from her as she let a grin spread across her lips.

"Okay good because you're coming with me to midsummers tonight," She mused, tugging me towards the small house, I had completely forgotten about the midsummers, "That's tonight?" I mumbled following behind her as she dragged me into my bedroom and sat me down on my messy double bed.

"Yes and just because you're mad at me doesn't mean you get to ditch me," She mumbled back as she flung open my wardrobe.

A few items of clothing fell to the ground as she searched for a suitable dress, "I'm not mad anymore," I mumbed, my eyebrows furrowing as I watched her study a light yellow strapless dress. "I thought you hated this type of stuff,"

"I do," She bored back rolling her eyes as she tossed the dress to the side "this is kind of a big deal for my mom and I don't wanna get on her bad side," She mumbled under her breath pulling out a sage green dress that I had gotton from my mom a while back.

"This is perfect," she grinned, turning the dress around to look at the crisscross straps on the back.

She tossed the dress into my arms, smiling as she shooed me into the bathroom. I pulled my clothes off, replacing them with the silk dress as I smiled at my reflection. "What's going on with you and JJ?" She questioned from the otherside of the bathroom door.

My cheeks slightly reddened as I opened the door, her eyes raked over my dress as she forgot about her question, nodding excitedly as she rushed to grab my backpack slumped on the middle of the floor.
"Go get changed so we can go to mine and get ready," She rushed, shoving me back into the bathroom as she started to stuff a pair of heels into my bag.

I laughed as I changed back into my clothes, stepping out of the bathroom as she dragged me downstairs.

"So you're going to ignore my question?" She mused, opening the door to her jeep as I climbed into the passengers side.

I rolled my eyes as she pulled out of the driveway, driving towards figure eight as I stared out of the window.

"Nothing's going on," I lied, watching the fields turn into a blur of green as we sped past. Kiara frowned, looking over at me as she took her eyes off of the road "Really? Cause he's been super upset," She pushed, turning onto her street.

"I don't wanna talk about it kie," I mumbled, looking over to her as she parked the car in her driveway, a frown etched across her face as she looked back at me, her eyebrows furrowed as if she was trying to figure out what had happened.

A look of realisation spread across her face as she just nodded simply, climbing out of her car as I followed quickly.

A frown spread across my face at the girl's sudden switch of mood, there was no way she figured out what had happened from what I had just told her. Kiara tugged her front-door open as we stepped into the foyer, my eyes raking over the expensive decorations, sometimes I forgot that Kie's family was actually rich.

"Oh my goodness girls!" Anna gushed, rushing over to us as she took my sage green dress out of my hands ''I'll go iron this, you girl's get going we're going to be late," She rushed, shooing us upstairs as Kiara rolled her eyes.

I stifled a laugh as we reached Kiara's large room, the room was painted baby blue with beachy decorations, a smile stretched across my lips as I looked at her photo wall, I hadn't been to her house in a while. I turned back to her as I  watched her pick up her silk purple dress with a similar cowl neckline to mine from the foot of her bed. "That woman is going to be the death of me,"

_____________

⚓︎⚓︎⚓︎⚓︎⚓︎⚓︎⚓︎⚓︎⚓︎

a/n

sorry this part took a while a bitch is busy.
guess who i am hehe
also i'm sorry lolol i'm not rlly proud of this chapter so consider it a filler.