twenty-seven✰

RAFE'S POV!

I watched as the girl I loved walked slowly away from me. My throat ached as tears burned in my eyes, I shook them off repeating the same words 'I'm fine' over and over.

"Rafe what happen-" Sarah asked I cut her off slamming my bed room door. I slowly slid down the door letting the tears fall, breaking down my stone exterior. It was like my brain was on fire begging for someone or something to take away the pain. And recently I didnt need that I had Marley, she could calm me down completely in the matter of seconds and right now I didn't have her. My eyes met the hoodie that laid on the ground it had been so carefully wrapped around the girl an hour ago and now it laid with no body to keep warm.

Letting my emotions run wild I pulled out my phone looking at it for the first time in the last 2 days, calls from both Topper and Kelce were pinned throughout my notifications, another name stood out, I took one look at the name and called.

When I finally mustered up the composure to leave I drove to the cut reaching the place I promised myself I would never come back to as long as I had Marley. But did I even have my girl anymore?

"Country Club." Barry said as I walked through the door that was barely on its hinges.

"What's up?" I asked softly the amount of people around this place made me nervous and I felt judged as the young kid who had Daddy's money to spend and wasted it all on drugs but it was my only way to cope, until Marley.

"I got what you wanted." he said pulling out a small sealed bag of the powder. I handed him my money before staring at the bag intensely. "What's this for?" he asked studying my expression. I sent him a confused look, "Family drama, friends, money, a girl?" he asked as my face twinged at the sound of 'a girl'. "Country club, you got a girl now?" he asked pushing my shoulder. I shook off the gesture turning to walk towards the door.

"Thanks Barry" I shouted hoarsely her again trying to pull myself together. I drove away my thoughts slowly drifting, I didn't fit in with the group of crackheads, and sometimes I felt that I didn't fit in with the Kooks, but with Marley I felt at home, no matter how different the two of us were she was my home.

I had called Topper and Kelce earlier asking if they wanted to get together and they had agreed. I made my way to Toppers house pushing away the strong aching that was clawing at my heart as I put on my Kook mask that I hadn't worn in so long, with Marley I didn't have to be anyone, she wanted me for me.

"Yo, Rafe!" Kelce shouted.

"Where you been?" Topper said grabbing my hand and pulling me in for a bro hug.

"Ya know, just hanging out." I said trying to forget the memories of the last few days but I couldn't she was glued to my mind and as much I tried to kick her out she was stuck. I was so in love with her, I couldn't fathom the amount I wanted her in my arms laughing at my jokes or telling me I was stupid. I wanted my Bambi.

"So did you get the stuff?" Kelce said elbowing me. I pulled the powder out of my pocket as Kelce poured it on the table lining up a few lines as they each took one after another.

"Come on Rafe." he said pulling me towards the table. I look at the line of cocaine, it was like it was calling out my name begging for me to ingest the powder.

"Guys, I promised myself-"

"No you promised that Pogue." Topper spat.

"Don't talk about her like that." I said defending her.

"She's a dirty pogue man, she's always gonna choose them over you. So why choose her?" Topper said as his words pushed me over the edge I let the dollar bill enter my noise as the powder spread throughout my body, rubbing my nose and pushing away the tears that begged to be let out I turned to them both.

"Because I love her."

__________________

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂

A/N!

SURPRISE BITCH DOUBLE UPDATE