fourteen ✰

I laid in my bed staring at the ceiling as I thought about the boy. I couldn't help but feel guilty. For once I had decided to stop listening to the Pogues and make my own life decisions and this happens. Part of me needed my friends but I couldn't crawl back to them now and the other part still raged for the way they treated Rafe.

I turned to face the window as I saw the moonlight reflecting off the water tears threatened in my eyes as I remembered the way the light hit Rafe's face when we were together. Suddenly the moonlight was cut in half by a rock hitting my window.

"What the fu-" I started but stopped seeing the dark figure next to my window. JJ.

I turned around quickly heading back to my bed as I really didn't want to see the boy or anyone for that matter. I heard the window click open as the boy entered my room. Sometimes I genuinely worried for the boy, he had thrown rocks at a window that was three feet off the ground that he could easily climb into.

"Marley." he spoke softly as I turned away from him. "Please."

"No." I said sternly. Tears threatened at my eyes again. JJ was my best friend but I was honestly terrified of him from what he did to Rafe.

"Peaches." he spoke sweetly.

"Don't call me that." I spat back. JJ truly only called me that when we were alone and most of the time it would make me giggle and jump into him cause I thought it was adorable but right now the flashback of Rafe's words 'it's okay Peanut' danced in my brain as well as the fists JJ sent into his skull.

"Marley, are you really that mad at me?" he asked as I turned to face him.

"Are you kidding?" I said angrily. "You beat the shit out of Rafe for absolutely no reason an-"

"No reason? Marley he was kissing you. You. W-we were protecting you." he said almost reassuring himself.

"I AM NOT A CHILD." I shouted not caring if I awoke my father. "STOP PROTECTING ME. STOP CARING. JUST LEAVE." I said now pushing him towards the window.

"Marley." he said softly as I watched tears well in his eyes as I was now sobbing.

"Go!" I said quietly yelling soon enough he was pressed against the wall. All of the sudden his hand was on my cheek and his lips were pressed against mine. I quickly pushed him off as I stood speechless. "JJ no." I said shaking the feeling off of my body.

"I-I" he stuttered starting to climb out the window. "I'm sorry Marls." and as quick as his lips were against mine he was gone.

My mind was running wild and my heart was in a knot. My head hit my pillow as my thoughts seeped into careless action. I stood up grabbing my keys as I ran to my car. I drove pretty much not thinking. I arrived at exactly where I wanted to be the 24/7 minimart.

"Marley Redfield." the man who worked there said. I stared down at my phone noticing the time 12:37 am.

"Hey Mr. Harper" I said walking up the counter. "How are you?"

"Great sweetie, what can I get you?" he asked.

"Well my mother told me she called to order a bottle of vodka and she wanted me to pick it up." I said clearly lying but being the innocent one sometimes had it's benefits.

"Hmm, I don't see any orders from her." he said reading his pad of paper.

"I mean I guess I could call her but she won't be too happy about that." I said slowly picking up my phone.

"Oh um..I'm sure it just got lost in the orders. Lemme get it for you." he said walking over to the vodka. He came back with the bottle in hand as he put it in a bag I grabbed it quickly walking towards the door.

"Thanks Mr. H you're the best" I said with a wink as I walked out.

My eyes found a spot by the beach with some trees which I easily chose as my drinking spot. I opened the bottle of vodka and started to drink. The taste was terrible but I wanted anything to take away the pain. So I drank more and more and more until the bottle was only a quarter full. I stood up shakily as I watched the waves crash on the shore. How the moon danced so carefully like it did before. My vision was blurry as I approached the road and as carefully as I could I crossed the street. As I reached my car I sat it the drivers seat as my tears began to fall. I slowly started to sob each and every descions I made catching up to me. This was supposed to make me feel better not worse. My head hit the steering wheel which caused the horn to go off when suddenly my door opened.

"Marley?" the deep voice asked. I turned my head to see the
exact blue eyed asshole who fueled my problems.

____________

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂

A/N

um i'm sorry.

i love you all
guess who it is?