FRIENDS

She sobbed. She wept. They didn't deserve her love. They didn't deserve her affection.
"Yaaba" "Yaaba" "Maame Yaaba Lawson"
She heard people calling out her name. "Tsw, she thought, as if they care"
"YAABA, Where are you"
She heard Miriam scream with so much authority. She wasn't ready to leave her hiding place. She wasn't ready to face them yet.
"They should just leave me already"
After several minutes, she felt the ambience of her hiding place. They stopped searching for her.
Now she thought of where she was going after here. She can't go back to that awful room full of vipers. Lol, maybe she exaggerated that part. But still, they did not care about her. She was sure of that.
Checking her phone, she realized she had 12% of battery. She tapped on her screen several times and then she put it against her ear. The person at the receiving end answered.
She didn't waste time greeting. "Are you in your room?" She asked.
"Eeish, your highness can't even greet, the person replied."
"Are you or are you not in your room?, this time with much force in her voice."
"Hmm, I am." The person said.
"I'm coming over." Yaaba said and hanged up. No one can resist the Queen.
In the next minute, Yaaba ordered an Uber to Destiny View Hostel where she will be logging for the night.
At quarter past nine, Yaaba got to her destination. Climbing the stairs, she finally got to the room. She knocked at the door.
LeRoy Yoofi Bartels opened the door, as usual, shirtless with his sweatpants sagging low. He always had a bored expression plastered on his handsome face.
"Can, can, can I come in?, Yaaba said in a shy voice."
"So all of a sudden, you're timid" LeRoy threw back at her.
He moved to the side and allowed her inside his room.
The room designed for two people turned to one. LeRoy is an ambivert and he preferred his privacy over everything and everyone, except Yaaba. She irritated him to the core but he couldn't resist her at the same time. Damn that fante ni.
He had his own washroom, a tiny kitchen and a balcony. His bed was bigger than the normal bed in most hostels. He had a 40 inch Samsung TV against the wall with game consoles scattered underneath the TV. He had a fridge and an AC. He paid a lot for electricity. His room was set and far from campus. Just the way he liked it.
Yaaba sat on the two-seater sofa in the corner of his room. She looked sad and worn out. LeRoy went to his fridge, took an Orijin beer, opened it and started drinking.
"So why are you here?" He didn't have time to beat around the bush.
"I found out what they did" She said amidst tears.

________________The story just began.
Kindly share, vote, and comment.

❤️