Chapter Four: Man-whores and Assholes

IMAGE OF: PATRICK COPPOLA (more to come ;)

~~
~~~Rebecca~~~
~~

Tapping my pencil on top of a desk is the only thing I can do as I sit in History class waiting for the rest of my fellow students to pour into the room, or more like five specific classmates.

Yes, the man-whores but if I'm being honest with myself I explicitly mean Cameron.

I've never been on a date like the one with him last night, so I'm not sure if I was supposed to receive a text or when i should expect one from him. By the way we left things he seemed more than interested to hang out again, but--

"Rebecca!" Brielle scowls as she slams her hands down over my own to stop my nervous tapping. "What's going on with you? And don't say that there's nothing because you're as pale as my ashy skin after dance practice."

I am?

Frowning, I lift my arms until their eye level to check and she's right expect for forgetting to mention I am also coated in goosebumps and the short blond hairs on my arms are standing at attention.

She raises her eyebrows expectantly but I haven't figured out how to tell her about my date with Cameron.

"I just uhm--" I begin to forge a lie until the door to our classroom swings open as Patrick busts through digging his knuckles into Jack's hair.

"And that's for last night!" Patrick shouts at him, and other students duck and dodge to avoid being trampled as the boys stumble to their seats in the back.

Behind them, Cody, Dylan and Cameron enter chuckles and muttering things to each other until they pass by mine and Brielle's seats in the center of the room.

"Morning, Sunshines," Cody grins widely as he interrupts the stride of his friends to yank Brielle and I into side hugs. "Here are the notes you let me borrow, Rebecca," he hands them over and then continues on his way to the back where Jack's face is turning red from Patrick's choke hold.

"Pat, let him go he said he was sorry," Dylan brushes past us as he calls over to Patrick.

Brielle's eyes widen when his arm grazes one of hers, and despite her dark compeletion I know she is blushing.

She's had a crush on Dylan since we got to hugh school. There is something about his ink black hair, deep brown eyes, tattoos and artistic style that leaves her swooning every time he crosses her path.

I don't pick on her about it though.

First off, he has an accent.

On top of that, he's stunningly beautiful and takes higher level classes meaning he is quite intelligent as well but the company he keeps reminds us that soccer isn't his only extracurricular activity.

"Morning, Rebecca," Cameron's voice invades my thoughts and clouds my mind as I jolt upright and face him.

"Good morning," I try to restrain my excitement, but my voice chirps in a way that exposes it.

My eyes dart to Brielle whose jaw has unhinged behind him, and I must have given a look of concern because he glances between us before a hint of a smirk turns up his lips and he continues to his seat without another word.

"What was that?" she leans over whispering but before I can answer the bell rings signaling for class to start.

All I can do I take extra detailed notes in an attempt to keep myself from peeking back at the man-whores and giving Brielle any more reason to be suspicious.