Chapter Twenty: Heart Strings

Image of: Mrs. Walker

~~
~~~Rebecca~~~
~~

Pressure.

How can I feel anything else now that I know he's going to see me in at least one of these? It's all I can think about as I walk through the various isles gazing over shrines of lace and satin. The more time I spend looking the higher my body temperature rises as I imagine wearing any of the items. 

They're all so revealing. 

Sighing, I end up choosing four different sets in the colors black, a purplish wine, chrome grey, and a navy blue. I actually like the designs and fabrics, but I'm not sure which one I'll end up choosing for him to see me in first. If any at all. We've already been so intimate with our clothes on. Wearing something around him like this is basically wrapping my virginity up in lace and offering it as a gift.  

We aren't even saying "I love you" to each other yet, and I'll be damned if the first time  we do is during my first time having sex. That wouldn't count. It's unnerving that I'm so sure he is going to be the person I choose to have sex with. 

"You're all set," the cashier informs me.

Clearing my thoughts, I make sure the items can't be seen as I walk out of the shop and over to where Cameron is sitting on a bench with his elbows on his knees texting someone. Still, his bright, sparkling eyes glance up at me upon my approach, their deep and serene pools of blue hushing the anxieties in my mind. 

They're absolutely beautiful. Every time I look into them my heart swells and I forget how to breathe. 

Goodness. 

"Dylan says they're still in the arcade. Do you want to join them? We might end up there all day and I know you just got off work, so if you'd rather I take you home I will," he offers, rising from his seat and peering over my shoulders for a peek inside my bag. 

"No snooping!" 

"Oh come on, just a little--" he trails off, pinching a strap of the bag between his fingers until I swat his arm away. "Fine," he pouts, "I guess I can wait."

"You're going to have to, considering you said I'll have to be handling myself for now on," I remind him, a grin tugging at my lips when he gawks. 

My words leave him sucking up to me our entire five minute stroll to the arcade, extending compliments, offering milkshakes on the way home, and more that I tune out. It's oddly thrilling, playing my player. 

"Rebecca, over here!" Brielle calls out. She and Dylan are in a middle of a basketball shooting contest that she doesn't seem to mind falling behind on as she takes time to wave us over. "He keeps beating me at everything, so I need your help," she whispers once I'm at her side. Laughing, I accept but first turn to Cameron with narrow eyes. 

"If you can hold this without peeking, I will forget about what you said earlier," I bargain.

His solemn expression lights up as he slips it from my hand. "You got it."

Shaking my head, I help increase Brielle's score until she's in the lead. 

"Cheaters," Dylan mumbles at the end, though a playful circling of his dark brown eyes tells me he isn't really upset about it. "At least I know one on one, you can't beat me at anything here," he then directs his prideful attitude towards Brielle, wearing a smug expression that draws out her glare.