Chapter 1

A/n: I recommend listening to the song while you read it sets the mood a bit.

Chapter 1- Unknown and Unrequited~

Chapter 1-
Unknown and Unrequited
~

Three Months Earlier

Time seemed to stand still as Annalise made her way through the halls of her quiet school, but the sound of the clock ticking away, indicating that time was in fact passing rather quickly said otherwise.

She had come early today, it was better for her to do so. She'd rather come and make use of her school's preferably massive library than sit alone in her empty house wallowing in her own sorrow.

A few teachers nod their heads at her, acknowledging this as a usual routine. She got up bright and early in the morning every week day, and then made her way to school with at least an hour to spare before classes started.

In a way it was a distraction, a good one at that. When she came to something as empty as school wide in the morning to drown herself in books it allowed her to escape from all the worries she had in her life. All of them.

And she loved to read.

Her genre consisted of troubling romance and literary fiction, they were her guilty pleasure.

And when she read, her book and the characters did an amazing job of making her drift away from the devastating circumstances that could be called her life.

At this point she would take advantage of any opportunity that offered a momentary soothing on her troubled mind.

It hadn't always been like that. She had once been happy, happier than she could ever be, and she did know her happiness wasn't going to last forever but never in a million years did she expect it to end this quickly. This suddenly.

Good things would never last forever and she learnt that the hard way when the harsh circumstances of life came rushing to her and it hit her harder than anything she could have ever imagined.

She had it good for way too long and evil was finally catching up to her, giving her a taste of the hardship her parents had fought to shield from.

But the experience was inevitable.

And now that life had thrown a huge bomb on her the people that she needed the most slowly drifted away, making it seem like they had never been there for her in the first place.

She couldn't blame them, she wouldn't blame them for if she had been in their shoes she wouldn't want to have to deal with herself either.

They were still friendly with her of course, with the occasional smiles in the hallways and the little unenthusiastic invitations to parties, parties they knew she hated.