The Fire Prince (Part 2)

Shiloh's <POV>

"I'm sorry Aang, I told you we couldn't trust them." I said trying to be sympathetic.

"I just feel bad for Katara, it wasn't her fault. I can be so careless sometimes." Aang responded.

"Well it's a good excuse to go back home, I bet our families are pretty worried about us." I said laughing as I shiver. "I've always hated the snow-"

"Shiloh" Aang cuts me off. "Katara told me something..." I give him a confused look, but he answered with a serious glare.

"Er.. What is it?" I asked, looking down at the ground becoming worried. Aang sighed as he began to face me.

"We were in that iceberg for 100 years"

My eyes widened, and I froze silent.

"Thats why we have no recollection of the war. Or the firenation being the enemy." Aang explained.
I stared at him, my eyes stuck in shock.

"D-does that mean- everyone's gone?" I asked with my voice shaking, avoiding eye contact with the boy.

"Atleast we have each other" Aang gave me a sad smile. I nodded, pulling him into a comforting hug.

"I'm supposed to be reassuring you dummy" I teased him. "I'm fine, and we will get through this." I smile warmly.

Before we took another step, we heard screaming and loud shakes coming from the village. Aang and I meet eyes, I plead him to not go back.

But before a word could leave my mouth, he was off flying towards the village. I chased after him, my boots dragged my every footstep.

Warm breath shifted to frost as I ran. When I finally reached the village, I spotted Aang being taken in handcuffs by soliders dressed in red metal. I take a deep breath to stay calm.

I quickly mend a plan, I search desperately for vibrations of earth, nearby a tall soldier was wearing a volcanic necklace. I located the leader, a young man with a masculine figure and a scar covering a bit under half his face.

I stay hidden behind a tent, I focus on the rock shaped symbol and molded it into a sharp arrow. Pointy enough to cut through skin.

I carefully detach it from the necklace, and move towards the distracted leader. Swiftly I reveal myself and push it up against the leaders throat. Keeping my strong stance, and watching the soldiers

"Wrong day to be wearing jewelry." I give them a taunting smile as the scarred man's eyes follow my movement.

I can see his blood boiling through his pierced golden eyes. Sokka and the tribe cheer me on. While the soldiers move in on me. I look over to them, with a threatening glance.

"One more step, and pony tail over here will have a torn bleeding neck"

They all backed away immediately, obviously scared of their leader.

"Ahah! Go Shiloh! Show them who's in charge."
I hear Sokka shout with excitement for the entertainment.

"What do you want, earthbender" Ponytail mumbled as flames of anger rose in his voice.

"Set the Avatar free." I demanded. He hesitated giving me a disgusted glare, but eventually agreed.

"Let him go." The leader ordered to his soldiers. I kept my eyes on Aang, as they removed his handcuffs.

I waited till he was all the way to safety before I let the pointed arrow flee the scarred man's neck. I shifted my focus, and breathed out.

I turned my back, but felt three soldiers grab my figure. 'Fuck' I thought.

"Shiloh!!" Sokka screamed as he rushed towards me with his spear pointed steadily. Ponytail dodged his attacks, and split his spear.

The last thing I saw was Katara running over to Sokka, and Aangs eyes scanning in shock.

Aangs <POV>

'I witnessed Shiloh, the only family I have left, sacrificing herself for me. While I stood there helpless, just like that same little boy did years ago when Shiloh beat up my bullies and got suspended for me. It won't be the same this time, I'm going to find her. I will save her.' I thought.

Katara took a seat beside me. My mind still trailing with panicked thoughts.

"Are you doing okay Aang?" she asked attempting to comfort me. I shrugged.

"Don't worry, we'll get her back." she said gesturing me to follow her.

When I looked up, my eyes found Sokka loading weapons and supplies onto Appa. I examined the scene curiously. Sokka walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"We are going to help you find her" Sokka stated.

"You guys saved our village, now let us help you."
Katara added.

I smiled, and let my eyes water a bit. "What are we waiting for?" I joked "Lets go."

Shiloh <POV>

I awake in a candlelit room, with firenation banners covering the walls that surrounded my metal base bed.

I glance over and I see an old man sitting the the corner of my room drinking tea.

"Who are you." I demanded with an urgent tone.

"Woah, calm down. My name is Iroh. Im not going to hurt you." The man said in a harmless tone.

"You fainted because of stress, here have some jasmine tea." he offered. I reluctantly took a sip.

'What if it's poisoned' I panicked.

"Its not poisoned if thats what your thinking" Iroh laughed. "You really need to learn to relax, I bet always being on guard is exhausting."

I chuckled. "Im sorry."

"Your very beautiful, you'd be perfect for my nephew, Zuko. His guard is always up too, i've never seen that boy take a break." Iroh said jokingly.

"Your nephew sounds like a very motivated person." I commented, staring down as the drink heats my hands.

"The most." Iroh laughed "Would you like to play a game Pai Sho? We might even get to see Zuko train."

I nodded. "I used to play Pai Sho with my dad" I said as I followed Iroh to the deck of the boat. We sat down at the edge of the ship, and I watched as Iroh set up the game.

Suddenly, I see the scarred leader walk on board. He doesn't notice me until, Iroh greets him.

"My dearest nephew Zuko, I found you a girlfriend." Iroh says.

"Shut up Uncle." Zuko says annoyed. "Why did you bring this prisoner onto the deck?!" He continued in a demanding voice.

He turns around stiffly glaring at me. I stare back into his caramel colored orbs. For a second his eyes softened, but then he turned away.

"Wait- Ponytail is your nephew" I ask hinting that I don't approve. Iroh bursts into laugher, and I hear some guards chuckle.

"Is there a problem?" he asks sharply.

"I just never thought someone as kind as Iroh, could be related to such a hothead." I giggled.

"You don't know anything." Zuko yells as he turns away from me. I get up from where I was sitting.

"I know you want to capture the avatar." I stated intensely "Our one chance to end the chaos this war has caused!" I yelled as Zuko walked away from me.

I heard Iroh sigh, "Its much more complicated then that, Shiloh."

I look down looking hopeless. "I don't know."