"I'm happy..." (Part 17)

Sokka's <POV>

'I can't believe he would lay a finger on her.' Anger boiled up inside me as I felt the betrayal for Shiloh.
Her eyes looks hallow when he told her those things, she didn't even cry. It's like it didn't even matter to her anymore.

It made my heart feel heavy as I stomped through the town. It made me angry at her expression, it was like she was dead. Like she had lost her emotion.

"Sokka..." Katara sympathetically held her hand onto my shoulder. Aware of my thoughts, frustration filled my heart as tears peaked through my eyes.

"I'm just so angry Katara!" I yell my voice breaking as I clutched my heart. "I wanted her to stay, or at least come back..." I yelp.

She stared at me shocked. This was the first time I've let her see me cry. I didn't have the energy to hide it anymore.

"Do you really like her that much..." Katara muttered wondering what I see in her. I look at her with a facial expression that reads 'are you serious?'.

"There's this aura to her..." I say under my breath "It feels like I need to protect her from something, even though I know she's fully capable of protecting herself."

I continue as I watch the sunset with the waves crashing down. "She acts so strong, but she seems so helpless at times." I add as the tears suddenly stop as I smile to myself.

"I hope she's happy..."

Time skip to 2am

Shiloh's <POV>

'I. Can't. Sleep.' I say turning around in my bed which now is mostly on my floor because I kicked all my pillows and blankets off.

"aRgHh" I yell out of frustration as I hold my blanket over my hunched body and messy hair. I exit my room hoping to find a midnight snack in the kitchen.

Stumbling into the kitchen I met the stare of a guard who was leaning on the wall when I walked in. I saw her eyes widen through her helmet as he screams out of pure shock.

"Your that metalbending girl!!" She screams backing up against the wall. I stare at her blanked face until I nod tiredly.

"Do I know you..." I mutter grabbing a piece of toast to munch on. I lean onto the chair as I place my face on the cold metal table.

She slowly approached me as she took her helmet off. "You attacked me and the other guards back at the earth village." she states sounding like she's holding a slight grudge.

"Oh yeah..." I mutter staring at her. "Sorry."

"I— Uh its okay..." She searches for her words.
"What are you doing here? Are you a prisoner?" She asked curiously.

"Do I look like a prisoner?" I responded carelessly munching some more on my toast. She stares at me as she ponders.
"I'm uh...I'm friends with Prince Zuko..." I said kinda awkwardly giving her a slight smile.'

"What?!" She looked at me in disbelief. "How could an earthbender be friends with a firebender?!"

"That's a bit..." I paused before realizing it's probably not as normal as it used to be when I was born. I just sighed as I banged my head on the table.

"I'm sorry..." the girl mutters as I begin to walk out of the room. I smile at how nice she's acting. Leaving the room I turn back and respond.

"Im Shiloh, by the way." I smile leaving the room. I hear her yell over to me his response.

"Im Aiko!!" She waves as I nod back.

'I think I just made a friend' I let a slight smile out to myself as I walk back to my room.

"Im happy..."