Natural Chemistry (Part 9)

Shiloh's <POV>

Haru and his family were kind enough to let us stay with them, as Aang tried to figure out a way to help them.

The officer yesterday harassed them into giving even more money. Its upsetting to know this village has been going through this.

As I lay alseep restless, I hear footsteps leading outside. I looked out the small window to see Katara and Haru talking.

Out of curiosity I watched for a tiny bit. I sighed and laid back onto my back.

'I wonder how Zuko's doing?' I thought to myself closing my eyes picturing him. His glistening eyes devoured my mind.

His smile spread like wildfire across my heart. Even just in those few moments, I felt vulnerable with him. Intimate.

My heart started to swell, I gasp a little bit and letting out a choke. I reached for my face which was now moist with tears.

'I was crying?' I grasp my hand in shock. 'Why?' I questioned as I gripped the edge of my pillow. I'm sorry Zuko.

Zuko's <POV>

'Shiloh. Shiloh. Shiloh. Shiloh.' I can't fucking get her out of my mind. 'It hurts!' I scream out in my mind as I grip my chest pulling at the fabric.

I pace my room before falling onto my bed. I held on to my pillow to comfort the empty gap she left.

Flashback—
"Zuko are you okay?" Iroh commented after Kyoshi.

"Shiloh left, she took her belongings." He sighed.

''I know she did. I saw her. She left me.' I thought to myself with an unsettling feeling twisting in my stomach.

"She also left a note for you." I looked over to him, as I snatched the note from his hand. I stared at the paper in shock, wondering if I should read it.

I open the folded envelope, with my hands trembling at the anticipation.

Zuko,
I'm sorry I left, It was the only way to protect Aang. I had to leave. I hope you can forgive me, Aang is the only one I have left. I'm upset I couldn't have given you a proper goodbye, I was sad because I had so many things I wanted to say to you. I wanted to keep talking to you. Everyday. Because you show a side of me that's been shut out for a long time. So please... come find me again.
End of Flashback—

My heart began to pound in my ears, as I smiled.

"Don't worry, I'll find you no matter the cost." As the thought calms my mind, I am able to fall asleep.

Shiloh's <POV>

I wake up abruptly to the sound of a woman crying and screaming. I ran downstairs to witness Haru's mother breaking down as Haru gets carried away by a bunch of guards.

"Don't let them take him!" She pleads through her crying.

I quickly charge at the guard that was holding Haru hostage, Using the metal in his armor to mold around and trap his body.

I hear the crowd around gasp in shock at my action. Continuing, I did the same with the guards wearing armor. Causing each one to tumple to the ground and squirm around, unable to move their arms or legs.

Lastly I got to the General who backed away as I neared him.

"What are you." He spat towards me. Attempting to shoot fire at me by I resisted each shoot with earth without even moving my fingers.

"A demon." I whispered into his ear as I witness him shutter in fear. I inched closer to him and he bolted for his life. I start laughing.

"It was only a joke!!" I scream towards him continuing to laugh my ass off.

I hear Haru chuckle as he walked over to rest his hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you Shiloh." He whispered.

For the next few days, Katara, Aang and Haru were building a plan to break the earthbenders out of prison using my metal bending. I mostly stayed out of it, I wanted to help but it seemed hopeless.

"Hey Shiloh, whats up?" Sokka calls to me while I chop some leeks up to help with dinner.

"Cooking." I blankly state. He stares at me awkwardly, embarrassed at the obvious comment.

"Sorry, I've just had a lot on my mind." I apologize giving him a slight smile. He looked at me and the returned the warm smile.

"It's fine. Me too." He said calmly. He walked up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. Burying his face into my neck. I tensed up.

"S-Sokka- I" I stuttered until Sokka cut me off.

"Shush, just let me stay like this for a second" he pouted. I sighed and continued to prepare dinner as he stays holding me.

'You know i'm gonna hurt you in the end' I trembled at the thought, losing control of my knife.

"Shiloh, what's wrong?" Sokka said releasing his hold on me. I only looked away from him.

"I'm gonna go for a walk." I said leaving the kitchen and grabbing my coat. I hear Sokka curse from the inside as I leave to the forest.

"Dammit."

Eventually when the time for the attack came it was easier then I had expected. We had gotten the coordinates of the prison from one of the firenation soliders I interrogated.

I was able to bend through the side and block all the guards from interfering. We loaded the prisoners onto a stolen firenation ship and brought them back home. Haru was reunited with his father, and no one got hurt. The prisoners were returned to their families.

It's been a day since then, and Zuko was yet to track us down. With how obsessed he usually is, this was suprising. Maybe he didn't want to find Aang anymore, or maybe he didn't want to see me again.

I sighed in disappointment and laid back down onto my bed. Suddenly I hear knocking on the bedroom door,

'It's really late.' I thought to myself. I got up from my bed curiously, to answer the door.

It was Haru. He looked at me for a second before pulling me into a tight and secure hug.

"Thank you so much. For bringing back my father."
He said sobbing pulling my tighter. My expression softened as I gently embraced him back.

"Don't worry about it, everything's okay." I whispered. He pulled away to meet with my eyes once again.

He leaned in closer to me, my eyes scanning what he was doing. Our faces barley apart as I start to grip onto reality.

His hand cupped my cheek and then our lips met. He held it for a long moment, and then left.

'What just happened?'