I'll Protect You (Part 10)

Shiloh's <POV>

Before we left, I didn't see Haru again. He just disappeared after that night. I was so confused on my emotions I didn't know what to feel.

Relief? Anger? Disappointment? These emotions swirled through my mind until we left.

Currently we are in the midst of traveling, still on the way to the North Pole.

I shift in my position, lying on Appa. The sunlight was warm so I was taking a nap.

"Hey are you awake?" Sokka pokes at me.

"Yeah." I say rubbing my eyes and then glancing up at him.

We made eye contact for a few seconds. But then I feel him turn away from me in embarrassment.

"Sorry." I respond before I look around and realize we have landed. The ground around us was burnt to ashes. Everything was black.

I see Aang talking to an older man, Katara standing by his side. I walk over to see what's going on.

"My village desperately needs your help!" I hear the old man plead. I looked over to Aang and he nodded.

I guess it's the avatars job to help people, but Aang is just a kid. He shouldn't have to put himself every bit of danger to help everyone he meets.

The old man leads us back to his village which had most of its houses destroyed.

'Jeez, what in the world could've caused this much damage' I think to myself.

As we are walk into the main building we are greeted by moderate amount of villagers. The old man introduces Aang, announcing his avatar status.

I barley listen as the people ramble on about the spirit world attacking them. I just say focused on Aang's expression to see if I can hint any signs of worry or fear.

'If it is causing even the slightest amount of stress on him, he should back out. He can't to put himself in danger like this.' I pout.

I look over my shoulder to see Sokka staring at me, I smile at him. Then I feel someone poking my arm, It's Katara. She signals to follow her as we exit the building.

"Let's take a walk okay?" She says as she gives me a warm smile. I just simply nod in response as I follow her. We walk pretty far until she stops.

"You know my brother's crazy about you, right?" she giggles. I just look at her blanked face in confusion.

"Sokka?" I mutter in her direction. She nods excitedly as I start to tense.

"No hahahah I think you've got the wrong idea." I say defensively. "Sokka only thinks of me as a friend"

Katara looked at me, with an 'are you joking?' face.
"Sureeeeee" she says and then she begins to laugh again.

"Don't worry, I'm not trying to pressure you." she tries and reassures me.

"Just don't hurt him." She glares at me with a serious face as we start walking back.

The pressure probably hit more then she was intending. That was my fear, hurting him. I don't know how to prevent it. I don't want to end up hurting him. I walk lost in my thoughts, as an anxiety attack starts stirring my brain.

'Its almost dark' I think to myself. As we hear Sokka yell towards us.

"Shiloh! Katara! Get inside!!" He says running over to us.