"Leave." (Part 7)

"Do you hate me?"

Zuko's <POV>

I stared scanning her face, her eyes looking into mine with a unseen look of determination to know.

'How could she accused me of such a thing, of course I don't hate her. I can't hate her, I don't know why but I just can't.' my mind raced.

For someone who has turned their back on the world, this feeling of desire and affection is something I can't understand.

It make me confused, I don't know why I'm feeling this. I feel vulnerable around her, and that makes me furious. My father... the firenation has proven to me that my life is not worth living without my honor.

I feel empty without it, like a gash has been carved out of me. But looking at her, being close to her. Makes me feel whole again.

I can't let anything take her away from me. She's still looking into my eyes. I feel myself turning red as I feel exposed.

"Zuko.." she mutters sadly, making assumptions about my answer.

"I don't hate you, Shiloh." I respond.

Shiloh's <POV>

We arrive at Kyoshi's village, still within Zukos grasp he tighten as he saw villagers running into their homes in fear.

"Come out Avatar!" I hear Zuko's demanding voice scream at the pleading citizens.

"You can't hide from me forever."

I glance at him, trying to make eye contact but he just shrugs my attempts off.

"Find him." Zuko commands his soliders in an aggravated tone. I watch as his soliders go forth, invading the houses and assaulting their homes.

'I need to find Aang, and warn him. Protect him, in every way I can.' I thought to myself.

Some soliders came back to us, Zuko sat silent in concentration scanning the village.

"No sign of the Avatar." a solider said some fear showing through his voice.

Staying on the ship with Zuko for more then a week has really proved to me how terrifying people find him.

Especially when he got angry. I feel Zuko's body warm up as tighten his fists, glaring at the guard.

"I know he's here!" Zuko screamed, shooting out rays of fires towards houses with every movement.

"I will burn down your village if you don't tell me where he's hiding!" Zuko yelled clearly, making sure everyone understood the consequences for disobeying him.

I nuzzled my body, leaning even closer against his, I put my head on his heart while I gently placed my hand on his hand.

He loosened up, feeling the shame of letting me witness him so uncontrolled.

"Hey, over here!" We hear yelling.

I turn around to face Aang, standing so carelessly inviting Zuko to attack. Zuko jumps off of the rhino, leaving me struggling to keep my thoughts from manifesting.

Aang stares at me, anger and sadness built up instead him seeing me chained up.

"Finally" Zuko smirks, getting into a duel formation.

"Tomorrow I return with my honor."

Quickly and suddenly fire erupts as Aang attempts to dodge the fire princes relentless attacks, It starts to wear Aang out as one intense burst of flames come at him leaving him helpless.

I quickly throw a strong chunk of earth blocking the flames. Zuko turns around to see my hands unchackled from bending the metal loose.

"Tch. So this was your plan all along." Zuko said with an unfamiliar emotion controlling his voice.

A mix of anger and hurt, but also admiration for my devoted loyalty. Aang stands to the side of mine and Zuko's stance, this was between me and him now.

"Leave." I said clearly. My burgundy eyes glaring into his with intensity.

"Not a chance." He smirked throwing fire my way, as I blocked each attack swiftly with controlled pieces of the earth.

I took a stance as I lifted up a huge piece of thick rock creating a wall between Zuko and Aang and I.

I hear Zukos cursing from behind the wall, as I grabbed Aang's shocked body and raced towards the woods to find the others.

"Shiloh..." Aang said muttering to himself.

"Next time I protect you, okay?"

He looked at me smiling. I giggled, as we shared a happy moment within eachother's presence. But It never lasts.

"We need to leave, now!! Zuko's burning down the village." I hear Katara scream urgently as she runs towards us with Sokka. I look over to Aang who is painted with a look of guilt.

"We can't just leave Kyoshi helpless!" Aang protested. I sigh.

"Katara's right, leaving will cause Zuko to follow us and leave the village. Its their best chance." I say.

Sokka nodded at my statement. Aang just looked at me, scanning my face and then accepting it.

"Okay." he said, avoiding eye contact with us.

We made our way swiftly sneaking over to where Appa was hidden, as we boarded him.

I pet Appa, who was obviously excited to see i'm back. Its only been a week but Appa's eyes glistened at the sight of me clinging onto his back.

"Appa. Yip Yip!" Aang calls down to his furry beast.

And we flew off over the village, I look over to Aang who's eyes told me he was planning something.

'Fuck.' I think as Aang suddenly jumps off of Appa and into the lake.

"What is he doing?!" Katara yells at me. I sit there clueless with my eyes widened as I witness him riding a gigantic eel.

Using its gills to shower the village in water, putting out any fire within distance.

We follow his body as he falls off the beast, catching him at the right time. I look at him with awe and respect, Aang is truly a great avatar.