Souls Laced Together (Part 30)

Zuko's <POV>

I had sent out hundreds of guards to find her, yet they can't seem to manage. She must be traveling with the avatar, since there have been no walking tracks with her scent.

My mind is constantly on edge without her, stress is continuing to overflow through my senses every second.

I begin to crave her warmth, her body when I'm alone. It seems my anger has been getting worse too, lashing out at everyone around me.

I knew I depended on her, but this feeling is unbearable.

I need her.

I won't let anything take her away from me.

I won't let anyone lay a finger on her.

"Prince Zuko?" Iroh says knocking on the door, shaking me into reality.
"You need to eat, it's been almost a week."

I shrugged grabbing the plate from him. And putting in on the desk beside the table.

"You are not acting yourself Zuko."

"How am I supposed to act, she used to be with me every night now my bed is empty!" I yelp with pain breaking my voice. "I lost her uncle!! She hates me..."

Iroh sighed as he neared me giving me a small but comforting hug. My breath calmed down.

"Your souls are laced together, try and find her within yourself." Iroh said giving me a pat on the head, like some child who was throwing a tantrum.

"Please bring her back soon though— I miss herrr~"
Iroh pouted. 'Oh geez he's back to his whiny uncle personality' I thought to myself.

I miss her too though.

What kinda advice was that though?

Within myself?

I cannot communicate with her that way.

But...

Shiloh if you hear me...

Please come back to me, I love you.

Shiloh's <POV>

I heard it again... his voice.

I shot up in panic from my sleeping bag, I look around me and thankfully everyone is asleep. We have been traveling for a few days now.

Nothing eventful has happened, and the only thing that's keeping everyone entertained is Sokka's lame jokes.

So not very much entertainment, I chuckle to myself. I seem to have been waking up every night around the same time, I'm sure its just my weird sleeping schedule but everytime I awake I hear his voice.

Zuko's voice.

I have tried not to think about him, but I can't forget his every detail.

Like those little light freckles splattered on his pale face, that you wouldn't notice without staring at him up close.

He's adorable... and perfect. Yet I can't call him mine anymore. No matter how much it hurts, I have to move on.

I'll tell myself I moved on.

And hopefully it won't be a lie.

(gah— hii! my lovely readers. i've been updating a lot more since... well there's been a few poweroutages so the only thing i can do is write. and i wanna finish this book, with a happy— or heartbreaking ending... (i probably won't end it for another 20 parts but whatever i'll announce it now :p) but anyway thank you for reading!!)