Delicate Kisses (Part 16)

Zuko's <POV>

I smell her scent. That beautiful scent, the one I crave so much. The scent of the morning sun, and blooming roses in the night.

I wish for her to always be around me. To think of me when her heart beats. I want her all to myself.

I drowsily open my eyes and stretch my neck. But I feel something else, the soft skin making contact with my own. I look back to see a peaceful girl with her tiny body doing her best to spoon me.

She lets out a soft groan as her eyes meet mine. We stare at eachother before her lips part to speak. Immediately I stop her by a smash of my lips against hers. Her soft and gentle lips captivated my entire mind.

She freezes for a second but then caresses my cheek as she delicately kisses back. My heart never wanted this moment to end. We pull away, as we look intensely into eachothers eyes as my entire face starts to burn up as I stare away from her.

"I liked that..." I heard her say after a few moments of silence. She cheekily moved towards me as she pecked my cheek sending sending shivers down my spine.

I smiled in pure happiness as I look down at her blushing face. 'I hope she'll stay with me' I thought as I caressed her hair behind her ear.

Aang's <POV>

Flashback to this morning

"Why did you fucking hit her?!" Sokka yelled at me pushing me away as I stare at Shiloh with empty eyes and hatred.

"Sokka! Calm down!" Katara tried to break us up. The two argued as I groaned and slowly sat back down onto my bed relaxed.

"I don't want to say this... but you'll awful for that Aang..." Katara said sitting down next to me but I shrugged her off.

End of Flashback

Katara and Sokka went for a walk to cool themselves off. They've been gone for a while but I couldn't care less.

'I don't exactly feel bad... It's her fault. She betrayed me.' I thought to myself as I leaned closer to Appa.

'She's such a bitch... I don't want to see her again.' I think clenching my teeth from anger. 'She doesn't matter to me anymore.' I continue to self sabotage.

'I wish she were dead...'

Shiloh's <POV>

'Zuko kissed me' I ran my finger lightly across my lips as my face went up into flames of pink. My heart kept on racing thinking about him.

I've kissed guys before this one... Men from all over would take advantage of my looks. But for a reason this is the only one that felt real to me.

This felt like the only one which mattered to me, which felt meant to be...

My heart raced at my thoughts. I clutch my heart to feel the movement of pure happiness. I smile to myself as I giggle through my room.

"I'm so happy..." I whisper to myself as I lay my back onto my bed.

'I want to feel this way forever... with him.'

Of course this was just the puppy love stage of the excitement. But this felt more serious and... passionate.

I giggle as I move towards the front deck. I was surprised to see Zuko wasn't there training. I was slightly disappointed but I bet he's just busy, he does run this entire ship.

I sat down to see Iroh speaking to a high ranking looking solider.

"Hey Iroh... What's going on?" I speak awkwardly hoping it was nothing too serious. Iroh stares seriously at me as he speaks. He looks hesitant but he soon responds.

"There's a storm hitting us tonight, apparently its really bad..." Iroh sighs leaving me confused. "It would be safer to head towards land, and rest there. But we are too far from shore."

I nod at his announcement. "Let me know if there's anything I can do to help—" I speak but I was cut off by Zuko grabbing my arm.

"Uncle don't burden her with these things. The ship will be fine." Zuko started with his angry glare which seems to be glued to his face. Iroh nods as he walks away. I look over to Zuko as he sighs.

"You know... If you wanted to hold my hand you could've just asked~" I teased as I felt his face form into a blushing mess as he tried to defend himself.

"That wasn't— You know you can be so difficult!" Zuko yelled flustered up. I giggled as I immediately intertwined my fingers with his.

I see his body tense up, as he turns away from me. Suddenly he grasps my hand tighter as I leaned onto his shoulder. We walked to the back of the front deck, where no one was.

I leaned on the edge as we watched the waves crash against the ship's edge. We sat in silence, but it wasn't awkward. It was surprisingly comfortable.

I felt his eyes watching me so I turned to him with a genuine smile which I saw his cheeks turn an adoring pink. I chuckled at his cute reaction.

Time skip to the Night

I sleepily hugged my pillow closer to my tiny body as I yawned a soft purr. It was the perfect night for a great sleep, I let my eyes sink.

I was about to get the rest of my peaceful sleep but then I hear a loud crash which pushed me off of my bed. I hit my head in the process.

"Ow..." I whine in pain as I lean onto the metal. I walked out into the hallway to be shocked with alarmed guards trying to maintain the ship.

I run up to the front deck to see if I could help. The moment I step out the rainfall started pouring harshly. I got immediately soaked as I witness people getting thrown off the ship.

I run over to a tiny boy struggling to stay on. I grab him as I head him to a stable and safe spot.
"Wait here..." I tell him with a warm comforting smile on my face. I helped some soliders get back onto their balance.

Suddenly in the corner of my eye I witness the boy who had captured my heart climbing up the ship. I yell in panic heading to help him but Iroh stops me.

"Just watch..." He smiles as he holds me back. I stare as I see Zuko help the man get down safely while doing so in the process. I stare in awe at the pure kindness.

That ended quickly as I feel his gaze turn to me. Obviously angry. I felt my heart shake as he runs over to me.

I stand silently still as I feel myself get swooped off the ships edge. Almost immediately I feel a strong force's arm pull me up from my waist.

My eyes met with Zuko's. "Why did you come up here?! It's dangerous!!" He yelled into my ear in his raspy voice.

"I wanted to help..." I muttered looking down avoiding eye contact. "Im sorry"

Zuko sighed but then brought my face up to meet his. He tucked my wet hair behind my ear as he whispered.

"I'm just glad your safe..." He said pulling me into a tight hug as I feel the rain calm down.