v i i .

One of the hardest assessments of the semester was approaching quickly as students scrambled to catch up on textbook readings and memorize terms on last-minute flashcards. It was a dreadful class to fall behind in, as the material was dense and information was taught at an extremely fast pace. 

Despite feeling overwhelmed along with all the other students, Marie studied diligently. Sometimes she did so alone in the library at 2 AM playing classical music through her headphones, and other times it was with Ashly and Caleb over stales boxes of pizza where more jokes were being thrown around than psychology terms.

It was a good distraction - nevertheless, Marie was constantly on edge the entire week. The professor had told her not to touch herself. It was humiliating. Which was why she did exactly as he said.

It was torture - blocking her mind from imagining Nathaniel's strong arms around her waist while Marie stood in the shower, hot water and steam gliding off her skin. Or waking up in the middle of the night, drenched in sweat, from a dream that made even Marie question her own morality.

Her hands would always hover over herself, begging for any stimulus or contact - but she always pulled back.

What Nathaniel planned to do at the end of the week, Marie had no idea. While the anticipation plagued her, she channeled the frustration into studying.

✥ ✥ ✥

The end of the week arrived and Marie found herself sitting amongst the other students in the lecture hall, everyone at a significant distance from each other to reduce any academic misconduct. Isolated from her two friends, Caleb gave Marie and Ashly an enthusiastic thumbs up from across the room.

Nathaniel spoke as he passed out packets of the assessment, which had some students widening their eyes at the number of pages. "As an incentive to do well, the three students who score the highest will be invited to an academic research event that I'll be speaking at next weekend. It's a good opportunity to experience the academia side of psychology as well a chance to network."

Nathaniel returned back to the front of the classroom, hands hanging in his pockets nonchalantly while some students reconsidered their enrollment status. "Good luck."

The sounds of pages flipping, erasers smearing against paper, shuffling feet, the occasional squeaky chair, and college students internally racking their brains filled the auditorium for the remaining 45 minutes.

The test required knowledge from everything Nathaniel had discussed in class to a psychologist only mentioned on one page in one paragraph of the textbook.

Marie painstakingly got through the entire test, her left hand aching at the end as she scrambled to mention every psychologist and behavioral term she could remember. A timer at the front of the room went off as Marie finished with only a second to spare.

The sound of students getting up from their seats immediately followed, everyone rushing to the front to turn their papers in so they could make it to their next class.

Marie stayed behind, making sure she was the last to turn it in - and the last in the room with the professor.

The lecture hall cleared out, some students leaving with a smile on their face and others already on the phone with their academic advisors.

The atmosphere of the room shifted as Marie and Nathaniel were the only two remaining, the last student letting the door close behind them with a thud. Marie made her way up to the front, Nathaniel organizing the papers on his desk before turning his attention to her.

His eyes first landed on hers before slowly trailing down her body, eyeing her leisurely. Marie immediately felt self-conscious, fully aware she was in a lazy excuse of an outfit in her loose-fitted shorts and t-shirt. It was her exam day outfit after all - comfort over fashion. It heavily contrasted Nathaniel's usual expensive, tailored dress pants and dress shirt that always hugged his body to perfection.

Nathaniel took his time coming up to the student, taking the papers from her hand and flipping through them. Not seeing a single flicker of a reaction on his poker face, Marie wondered if she should be happy she didn't fail miserably or upset she might not be one of the top three scores.

The silence continued between the two. It wasn't filled with awkwardness, but rather intense suspense. It was prolonged as Nathaniel brushed past Marie, heightening her senses immediately.

Before Marie could look behind her to see where the man was going, a loud thud erupted in the room as the lights illuminating the lecture hall seats turned off, engulfing half the classroom in darkness. Only the spotlight to the front of the classroom remained on, along with the light at the professor's desk and podium.

Marie flinched, practically jumping out of her skin, eliciting a chuckle from her professor.

"So sensitive, Miss Mor." Nathaniel circled back to face the young student who was already pondering a snarky comment to make up for her embarrassment.

Nathaniel didn't give Marie the chance. He slowly - achingly slowly - trailed his fingers up Marie's arm. He was barely making contact, his skin only tantalizing hovering over Marie's. It was enough to make her muscles immediately tense and her core clench. And Nathaniel could tell.

"You did as I said," Nathaniel stated, Marie catching a hint of satisfaction yet amazement in his voice. It made Marie feel good to please him.

"I guess I'm just a people pleaser, sir," Marie retorted back, emphasizing her petty tone in her title to the professor.

Nathaniel grabbed Marie's jaw with such tenacity she thought he was going to break the bone. He pulled her forward and jerked her gaze to meet his, administering delicious fear through her veins.

"Watch your tone, Marie." Nathaniel's grey eyes bore into Marie's darker ones. "Also, we're still in my classroom. You'll address me as professor."

In all his BDSM experience, Nathaniel had never indulged in a teacher and student role-play or scene. 

Except this wasn't a scene. This was real.

Nathaniel could see his hunger and arousal reflected in Marie's eyes. It clouded both of their judgments, self-reasoning, rationality... leaving only a raw, animalistic side of their minds functioning.

This could be detrimental to the professor's career - and Marie's.

Just as Nathaniel was under his student's spell, Marie was under his.

He was everything her darkest desires screamed for. He was excruciatingly handsome with his deep-set grey eyes and sharp features, tall and built like he was made for the runway, dominating in his personal and public life... and most importantly he evoked a part of Marie she had always tried a hide. A side she often felt shameful of.

He made her feel irresistible, desired, crazed... and really fucking horny.

All in the worst yet best way possible.

"Marie, if we do this, I cannot promise anything." Nathaniel's words held the weight he intended them to. He could not promise this would continue, that it would happen again, that he would raise the student's grade or help her pass the class... but he also couldn't promise that it would stop. And Marie knew that.

"I don't care, professor," Marie pled, her lips moistened with thirst. "Please. Fuck me, use me, hit me, hurt me."

Nathaniel felt anger rile up in him at the sound of his student's demands. In this moment, they were both using each other to fulfill a dark part of their mind. The professor felt his role as a dominant finally be put into place, and it was testing him.

Nathaniel wanted to taste her tears as Marie begged for mercy.

And he would've carried out on that desire if his ringing phone hadn't interrupted.