x v .

"Ah!"

Marie immediately pulled back from the steaming hot water below her as Nathaniel attempted to lower her into the filled bath. He had added a few drops of antiseptic for Marie's wounds, which ultimately stung against the inflicted skin on contact.

"It's only going to sting for a few seconds, Marie, I promise," Nathaniel comforted. Marie nodded and he tried again, this time successfully allowing her to glide into the marble tub.

Marie immediately tensed her muscles and hissed through her teeth, the hot water screaming against her skin. But Nathaniel was right. The feeling subsided in a few moments and was replaced with intense relief.

Aftercare was essential after any intense scene and Marie was grateful for Nathaniel's experience. He had quickly exited his dominant headspace, getting to work and making sure Marie felt safe. He got her a change of clothes while slipping into his own and prepared a bath while she lazily brushed her teeth and took care of business, still reeling from her multiple earth-shattering orgasms.

With the initial stinging now gone, Marie could smell the rose and shea-infused bath salts and oil Nathaniel had added to the water. She felt every bone in her body relax and her mind return to clarity.

"How are you feeling?" Nathaniel asked, sitting down on the edge of the tub and looking down at Marie. He didn't mind getting wet, as the black joggers he had slipped into were already damp.

"Mmm." It was the only sound Marie could get out.

Nathaniel smirked at her dazed state. While a sadist, a true dominant also derived pleasure from taking care of what was theirs.

Marie looked around the simple and luxurious bathroom. It was complete with marble furnishing and flooring with golden accents. It looked expensive.

Marie's inhibition had drifted away. "How much money do you make?"

Nathaniel rolled his eyes, pushing a strand of Marie's drenched hair behind her ear. "I'm not answering that. It's not all from the university, though."

Marie waited for Nathaniel to continue, who eventually obliged to her curiosity.

"I get paid to talk at events and advise companies who use and invest in my research."

"Like kinky companies?" Marie exhaled a short laugh. She thought she was funny.

"No," Nathaniel responded. "Well, for one, I advise the FBI and CIA on occasion."

Marie scoffed. "I don't trust government institutions."

Nathaniel playfully flicked some of the bathwater at Marie, who erupted in a fit of giggles that echoed within the room.

It was the most beautiful sound Nathaniel had ever heard.

Nathaniel wanted to ask Marie more questions; about what she liked and disliked about the scenes, her favorite and least favorite parts. But looking down at the raven-haired girl submerged in her own zone of tranquility made him not want to disturb her. Marie's features had all softened, her lips pouty and her previously red, sweat-drenched skin alleviated.

Marie was physically and emotionally spent.

Thus, Nathaniel let her guide the conversation.

"Are you gonna take a shower?" Marie asked innocently as she dipped lower into the water, humming as the hot water eased her back muscles.

"I have to take a call in 30 minutes. After that's done, I will."

"Call?"

"A colleague of mine in China." Nathaniel checked the temperature of the water to make sure it was still warm. "Timezones are a bitch."