x x x i x .

Marie couldn't help but feel anxious the entire day.

There was buzz around the school about Nathaniel, along with a decent amount of press within the area which Theodore had predicted. Not much happened in the small college town of Wentworth and the city newsrooms had caught on to the tension of the situation. 

Not to mention, Wentworth was one of the most expensive and prestigious schools within the nation. The professor's friend was right - money and politics attracted attention.

And Nathaniel's good looks didn't exactly help. 

Despite her love for the professor, in this moment Marie had never felt more detached from him. For one, she had no idea what Theodore and Nathaniel had talked about without her. 

Theodore was a powerful man.

And this was Nathaniel's dream.

Figuring she would go insane alone in her apartment, Marie went over to Ashly's dorm. She figured she could get some school work done while her friend's chattery and upbeat personality kept her distracted.

Marie made her way over, bringing along her schoolwork. But when she finally went to knock on Ashly's dorm door, it flew open.

"You must be Marie!"

Before the young student could get the chance to respond or even recognize the guest, she was engulfed in a warm and friendly embrace. When the two finally broke apart, Marie found herself looking back at one of the most beautiful and mesmerizing women she'd ever seen.

"And... you're Ana," Marie realized with a smile. Ashly's girlfriend was stunning - long, dyed jet black hair with cheekbones and a jawline that deserved to be on a runway in Paris.

"Ashly is getting changed, just give her a minute," Ana explained, leaning against the side of the doorway.

Getting changed...? Marie raised an eyebrow but before she could ask any more questions, Ana continued to expertly stall.

"So - Ashly told me you switched to a history major?"

Marie nodded. "Yeah, I did."

"Please take Eastern European Studies with Professor Damir - I'm taking it next semester and I've heard she's amazing, I promise."

Marie agreed to Ana's request, enamored by her sophisticated yet bubbly personality. She could quickly tell why she and Ashly clicked.

"Marie? Fuck - wait!" Ashly called out from inside her room before appearing at the doorway with Ana.

"I kept her company," Ana said with a smile, quickly giving Ashly a small kiss on the lips. "I'll leave you two be now - it was nice meeting you, Marie!"

Marie said her parting ways with Ana before returning her attention to Ashly. The beautiful blonde was in a last-minute, thrown-on oversized sweatshirt, her cheeks pinched red and hair pulled back in a way that didn't exactly hide its disheveled state.

And the look in her eyes - yeah, Marie knew that look all too well.

"What?" Ashly questioned innocently, almost making Marie laugh.

"I didn't mean to interrupt your fun."

Marie let out a humored laugh as she entered Ashly's room, doing her best to ignore the haphazardly made bed which only proved her notion of what happened further.

Ashly simply nudged Marie jokingly, hiding her post-glow embarrassment - to which Marie responded with how there was nothing to be embarrassed about. Ashly wouldn't have known, but Marie was probably the last person to question anyone's sex life given her own participation.