eight ✰

After today's events, my mind was spinning and all I could think about was how I wanted to do it again. I felt like all of a sudden I was living the perfect life. I had my family, the Pogues, who have always stuck by me but, they also gave me ideas of someone that I didn't know, and now I felt like I suddenly knew Rafe Cameron. Having always been protected by the Pogues my whole time had its ups and downs but sometimes I wished the protection would just stop. I'm not a child, yes I'm 'baby pogue' but I'm not a baby anymore.

In the car on the way to the Chateau the boys wouldn't stop yelling about me being with Rafe, I sat silent, not like I almost died like an hour ago or anything. Pope seemed to be the only one uninterested in why I was with the Kook King he rather cared more about my allergy and the science of it all, like always.

"You okay Marley?" he asked as we were the first two to enter the Chateau.

"Fine," I said slightly annoyed by the interrogation of the others.

"Okay what the actual fuck?" John B asked walking into the house with the 2 other friends.

"Let me make sure I wasn't high off my ass, you were in the hospital with Rafe...Cameron?" JJ asked with an attitude.

"It's not that big of a deal," I said softly.

"Uhh yes, it is," Kie said looking me in the eyes. I sat silent I probably should've thought about what I would do if they asked about it but I was a little busy, almost dying.

"Look, yesterday we got to talking and he said he wanted to prove that he wasn't the dick that you all make him out to be. You guys know me I will give anyone a chance and for once in my life, I wanted to make my own view of something, rather than be influenced by you four." I said slightly annoyed.

"Marls not Rafe Cameron," JJ said sitting next to me.

"You don't know him like we do." John B said grabbing a beer from the fridge.

"How do I not know him like you guys do? You basically dictate every decision I make," I said rolling my eyes.

"He's a stuck up asshole," Kie said.

"He's actually kinda sweet," I said under my breath. It was true today proved that and I'd be lying if I said the boy wasn't on my mind.

"Look, Marley, we're just trying to protect you," Pope said.

"And if I see him near you I will beat his ass," JJ said as I stood up to grab a water.

"No, you won't JJ," I said. He sent me a confused look "Cause I'll be there to stop you." I said placing a kiss on the boy's cheek. I wanted the Pogues to be proud of me. I craved that more than anything, others approval. My parents had always set such high expectations for me so that's what I've always known. The result of their high expectations basically molded me as a person, as long as I was loved I would be happy and the Pogues were my family and they loved me.

"Come here," JJ said opening his arms on the couch as I dove into him. "You're crazy Marls," he said laughter spilling from his mouth. He quickly folded his arms around me, causing that safe feeling I've always had with him to return. I watched as Kie stared between JJ and I. I tried to study what was on her mind but she wasn't easy to study.

"John B why do you have no fucking food in this house?" Kie asked turning toward the fridge.

"I can go get groceries," I said. Changing my position off of JJ as he groaned pulling me back down.

"Yeah I'll come," Kie said with determination. She walked towards me grabbing my hand and dragging me out of the house. As we got in the car and started to drive I could feel the tension of her lingering questions radiating in the air.

"Okay why were you really with Rafe?" she asked turning down the music.

"Kie I already explained," I responded exasperatedly.

"Marley," she said catching eyes with me between stop signs. "You barely like being away from us for 5 seconds," she said with the truth behind the statement. She was right I hated being away from the pogues, they were my family, and I didn't know why. I guess I just hated thinking that something could happen to them and I wouldn't be there to protect them.

"I wanted to know Rafe for myself as I said before," I said softly.

"Look I was under Rafe's spell at first too. He may be dreamy and strong and kind of physically perfect," she said pausing to think about the boy. "But mentally he's fucked up Marls," she said staring at my eyes.

My mind drifted to the boy as we drove along the road. The way I could feel his eyes burning the skin on my body with his stares and how many times I could see he wanted to kiss me, and the actual time he tried. I even had a passing thought of why the hell I stopped him? I hated having this conflict in my mind. Everyone was always talking shit about Rafe Cameron but the guy I spent the day with yesterday was not that guy.

Who was Rafe Cameron?

_______________

❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂❂

A/N!

hi everyone :)

hope you enjoy this chapter
please guess who you think this is!

mental health check!