𝚘𝚗𝚎

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Renjun felt warmth spread throughout his chest as he poured his emotions out onto a cream coloured page. The blue lines were swiftly filled as his black pen ran across them passionately.

These letters always started out the same;
Dear Lee Jeno...

Yes, Renjun had been harbouring strong romantic feelings for him since the day he saw him. Those sad eyes, the quiet nature, his beauty.....it all made his heart swoon.

You were silent again today....he wrote, leaning on his vacant palm as his other hand gripped the souvenir pen from a zoo he once visited with his friend and neighbour, Jaemin.

The night sky was peeking at him through the lazily drawn curtain, the moon sitting restlessly in its place above the world. There were surprising little to no stars out on this night, only various constellations twinkling lightly.

I do wish to talk to you someday....yet the unapproachable aura you emit steers me away to watch from afar.

Writing was a way to escape his woes and problems. Feeling totally unable to share these thoughts with people, scribbling them down made it seem as though he was carrying less of a burden.

Desperate? Maybe. Did he give a damn what people would've thought if they had known? Not at all.

A certain perk was born from his literary talents, that being beautiful handwriting. The teachers would frequently complement his legible work, and students would never ask for him to do their homework since it would've been too easy to spot.

Until next time,
H.R

As he signed off, Renjun folded the paper neatly and slid it into one of his many unused envelopes stacked in his side drawer. The Chinese male was always sure to remain anonymous for fear of getting caught. Doing these old fashioned things wasn't exactly praise worthy amongst teenagers.

"Another one written," he hummed quietly, gliding his thumb over the curve of the paper seal.

Standing up from his desk, Renjun stepped towards his single bed tucked away in the corner of his clean room. His school bag was nestled beside it, elongated with a lack of books occupying it.

The teen carefully slid the envelope inside, taking extra care so not to crease it or anything. Then, sliding into the bed, he turned off his dim lamp and snuggled into the sheets.