𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

─────── • ❥ • ───────

"'There's a party tonight', they said," Jeno muttered grumpily while ripping all sorts of old, untouched clothing from his usually sealed wardrobe. "'It'll be fun', they said."

It had been two days since Chenle talked Renjun into agreeing to a disco, a day since he had told Jaemin who was elated at the idea, and only a few hours since they managed to break it to Jeno. Various methods of persuasion such as puppy eyes, pouty lips, whining and a tempting cuddle date sometime later on during the week convinced him to come along.

One hoodie after another was cast to the immaculate floor, left to feel neglected in a heap. Was it a disorganised mess? No. They were colour coded into sections of the rainbow to ease his nerves. "Damn it, what the hell does one wear to a disco? Or a party? Or ever?"

The door swung open to produce Mark on his phone, casually wandering in and collapsing onto the bed absentmindedly before hearing a shrill cry. His eyes peeled away from the device, "What?!"

Jeno made grabby hands at the crushed pile of blues beneath his brother, shoving him off and realigning them into a more tolerable state. It sort of reminded the older of social media posts, when someone prepared the room perfectly before taking a 'rushed' picture and saying something stupid like 'just rolled out of bed'. The clothes were supposedly strewn across the room, but too perfectly.

"My goddamn jeans! They'll crease!"

"They're jeans!"

"Your point?!"

The taller massaged his temples before he self-imploded from unnecessary stress. He wasn't angry, just downright nervous. He returned to his drawers and slid various neatly folded piles around to find something he was looking for. What it was exactly, he hadn't a clue. It just had to exist.

"Okay Jen," Mark sighed, flipping his phone over onto the bedside table and providing his undivided attention. "You look a little out of it right now, and I'm a bit concerned that-"

"Mark! You're popular, aren't you? You're always being invited out!"

The older watched his sibling crawl across the bed to shake his shoulders. He wondered where the hell this was going, and what could possibly create a banshee out of his socially inept family member. "What's wrong? Seriously, I'm so lost right now."

"Ugh, Jaemin and Renjun told me to come with them to a party thing-"

"Invited. They invited you, most likely."

"Quit correcting me. They told me we were going together, with two other guys I don't know. But what do you wear to social events? What do you even say?"

Mark pursed his lips to contain a short giggle, never in his nineteen years of life imagining that Lee Jeno would come to him for any advice at all, let alone fashion preferences. "I mean, I do go out a lot, but not to places worth stressing over. Is this a house party, or what?"