𝚜𝚒𝚡

─────── • ❥ • ───────

It was late at night, the moon well and truly present on its black canvas and shedding its eery light across the world. Renjun walked back into his bedroom after having brushed his teeth, dressed in baby pink pyjamas that were at least two sizes too big for him.

Jaemin was messing around on his phone while sprawled across the bed. The piece of furniture itself was a generously sized single, so the pair always huddled together when in here. Usually, they would flee to Jaemin's bigger bedroom next door with his double bed.

"You'll go cross-eyed," the older murmured with a subtle eye roll as he let the door click shut behind him.

Jaemin tore his gaze away from the small device and looked Renjun up and down briefly before returning his sights to his face. "When that day comes, you can be my carer."

"Like hell I'd be babysitting a big child like you everyday!" The Chinese boy scoffed with disbelief, shuffling towards the bed and yanking the phone from his best friend's grasp.

"Hey!"

"Nope, not tonight. Last time I let you keep it, you were on social media until four in the morning! My eyes burned so badly from the blue light."

Jaemin pouted, shuffling over to the wall and making room for the smaller teen. It was really quite lucky that Renjun was smaller than average, for this sleeping arrangement would never have worked otherwise.

As the brunette placed the device on his bedside locker and flicked the lamp off, the room was suddenly shrouded in darkness. He crawled into bed, curling up into Jaemin's chest warmly and getting comfortable.

For Renjun, this was normality. He expected this kindness or trust from the taller, and appreciated having their closeness. For Jaemin, his heart no longer beat at its usual pace when having his cute friend against him. The smell of his hair, the heat of his body and the rare occasions when his skin would show as his pyjamas shifted....it was all too much.

The verdict was as clear as day, though the pinkette was choosing to ignore it.

He couldn't stay by his friend's side for much longer this way. He wanted so much more from Huang Renjun than soft smiles and silly secrets.

He wanted everything.

His love, his body, his undivided attention and in return, he would give his all. But sadly enough, as life was no cake and icing didn't just fall from the sky, he couldn't just ask for all those things. Hell, he probably couldn't even earn them anymore. It was all but too late to be ruining a perfectly healthy friendship, and if Renjun hadn't seen in him what he wanted him to, then most likely he never would.

"You're so warm," the older boy whispered tiredly into Jaemin's chest, nuzzling his nose against the exposed skin. "You've always been like this."

"You used to kick me off the bed in summer....."

"I'm older now.....less immature. If I was too hot, I'd just take the floor..."

Of course you would, the pinkette thought as his eyes drooped with the apparent exhaustion. When they finally fell, shutting out all that lay around him.....only then could Jaemin find a peaceful sleep.

♦︎♢♦︎

"Why do you even bother?" Jeno murmured quietly as he stood still in the centre of his room, waiting patiently as Donghyuck circled him with only the light of the lampshade illuminating the space.

The younger was half bare, dressed in loose sweatpants and no shirt. He was a proud teenager, and with many reasons to be. Toned muscles, tanned skin, decent height - what wasn't to like?

Jeno, however, was still covered by a huge sweater that fell lower than intended and jeans that he simply adored. His eyes couldn't settle on any one spot on the floor, and his fingers played with the ends of his long sleeves.

"Of course I love coming to see you," Donghyuck chided, slowly edging closer to the older's back. "You're my best friend's little brother...."

"We both know that if Mark found out about this, there'd be hell to pay-" his words were cut short as two warm arms wrapped around his torso gently, pulling Jeno in for a back-hug.

Donghyuck's lips trailed close to his ears as he whispered ever so lowly, "Then I guess he just won't know....will he?"

"No....."

Their relationship was an odd one to describe, really. Donghyuck had first met Jeno when they were eight. Mark played with the outspoken brunette and a group of other kids when they were younger, eventually becoming closer over time to a point where they practically lived in one another's pockets. Jeno, consequently, hung around Donghyuck quite a bit, and his reserved personality brought out the darkest of curiosity in the younger.

This wasn't particularly non-consensual, as such. The older didn't really hate what they did or anything, but he had a very low sex drive for his age, and his perfect physical appearance made that a crying shame.

So Donghyuck decided to 'bring out his potential' and to 'teach him what he was missing out on'.

As those warm and soft lips started to kiss needily along the ravenette's neck, Jeno could only tilt his head further to the side to grant access. He wasn't a fighter, nor did he feel the need to rebel. This wasn't horrible, though not what he was interested in either.

Donghyuck's fingers crawled along his hips, slowly raising the sweater up to reveal that there was nothing on underneath. "Hm, tease," he chuckled quietly, drawing his nails so very lightly over the other's flat stomach and tickling it in a way.

Jeno's breath hitched, eyes falling shut as he tilted his head back. In actuality, there wasn't much more for him to learn from the younger teen, and both knew that at this point, they were simply messing around. They had gone on too long to just 'let it go' now.

Turning to face him, Jeno leaned in and Donghyuck caught his lips in a heated and passionate kiss. Their tongues, which had only known each other, danced gracefully yet with uncoordinated need. Hyuck had never done this with any other, and of course, neither had Jeno.

As the younger's hands wandered up along the older's chest, they slowly edged towards the bed, still engaged in their make out. Once finally collapsing down on it, the brunette pinned Jeno's hands beside his head.

"Keep your voice down, kay?"

".....I know."

─────── • ❥ • ───────