𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

─────── • ❥ • ───────

"I have P.E next!" Renjun cheered excitedly as he walked out of the bathroom, after break, with Jaemin. The younger definitely seemed a little worse for wear, but Renjun simply wasn't sure what was wrong.

He could never quite figure it out.

"I don't get you, sometimes," the pinkette yawned, taking another sip of his coffee from home....which led to chugging the remainder of the liquid down. "You don't participate in sports ever. Yet you love running around with a bunch of teenagers you don't even like."

The older smiled knowingly, understanding his friend's confusion, though never caring to elaborate on his reasons as to why he enjoyed the class.

The answer was simple really; Lee Jeno. Their classes combined to have a larger group so that matches could be played. Renjun simply loved admiring the younger teen from afar, not to mention inwardly enjoying the sight of him in sports gear.

"It's a free class by any other name," the brunette mumbled with a strange smile that Jaemin couldn't discern.

"Sure....."

The bell rang loudly, throwing more spikes of pain at the taller boy's head as he groaned and separated from Renjun. "See you later."

Students spilled out of the canteen and various detention rooms, cluttering the hall and muffling Renjun's response as he was swept away. The male sprinted towards his locker as quickly as he could in order to reach the changing rooms early.

His eyes were focused on his lock, fumbling with the damn digit spinner as people shoved up against his back. Of course, his locker neighbour was never too far away, always sprinkling trouble and irritation wherever he went.

"Hey, Shorty," Donghyuck hummed, dealing with his own chipped metal door.

"Your nicknames mean nothing to me, Asshole. I may be short, but it just means I have better access to shoving my pen straight up your ass."

"As much as I would love to see you try, I have to get to the changing rooms real quick, so bye bye."

Shit, I forgot he was in my P.E class, the brunette grimaced, ripping his bag from the small space and slamming the door shut. Donghyuck flicked his forehead teasingly before jogging down the halls in the same direction as he'd be going. Someone's going to tie his laces together, and I volunteer.

Without dwelling on the pointless argument much further, Renjun hurriedly pushed past various teenagers. His shoulders were practically steel by now, having dealt with crowds for too long.

The short boy stumbled into the changing rooms with a few others, relieved to see that there was still space to change. There was nothing more humiliating than having to stand in the centre and undress in front of everyone.

He perched himself in the corner of the room, eliciting a relieved sigh and starting to peel various items of clothing out of his bag. The door swung open and closed behind him numerous times, more rowdy boys entering with no volume buttons.

Renjun remained focused on his task to get dressed quickly, get out quickly, and spend the hour gazing lovingly at Jeno in hopes that someday these ridiculous feelings would be returned.

As he pulled his shirt off over his head, he could hear someone place their things down on the bench beside him. Just ignore them, and they'll ignore you....his motto stated, unless of course Donghyuck was involved.

As Renjun placed his t-shirt into his bag again, his eyes briefly lifted to view who had taken the space adjacent to him. His heart almost broke free from his ribs with the massive leap it made, the dash of raven hair having been enough of a hint before the face came into view.

"Jeno......"

The younger paused what he was doing, which was loosening the string around the waist band of his trousers. He peered up at the Chinese boy, tilting his head and immediately shooting his sights back to his trousers.

Why does he refuse to look at people? Renjun wondered, nervously grabbing his other shirt and yanking it over his head to cover himself. Or is it just me?

Either way, the heat in his cheeks and the pounding in his chest never ceased for as long as the tall boy beside him stayed. Renjun's fingers trembled as he went to grab his hoodie, practically screaming when it fell in a heap onto the unsanitary floors. The chatter around him added to his frustration, yet it wasn't himself that went to pick it up.

Jeno leaned over, upper half bare with back muscles flexing, and picked up the purple jumper. His eyes caught a loose thread, making him cringe and instantaneously shove the item towards the shorter. "Here...."

The brunette accepted it gratefully, putting it on and pouting at the anxious expression Jeno was making. Did I make him mad? It's not like he had to help me....

"Excuse me," the taller muttered quickly, immediately looking up and reaching out to fix Renjun's hair parting. The older held his breath with shock, waiting for the whole ordeal to end. Then, Jeno's hands trailed down to a loose thread on his shoulder, skilfully snapping it off and leaving everything in perfect condition.

"Sorry...." he gushed, looking back down at his own belongings. "I couldn't help myself...

Renjun took a step back and cupped his own cheeks, hoping that weren't even half as red as he assumed they were. His eyes were wide, but not with anger or disgust.....it was confusion. "That's fine...."

The boy turned to view himself in one of the mirrors above a sink, seeing that his hair was now perfectly aligned and not the mess he had left it in that morning.

That's weird....nobody just does that, do they? He pondered, glancing back towards Jeno only to find he was gone. His hands flopped to his sides in wonder, gazing curiously at the spot his secret crush once stood in.

─────── • ❥ • ───────