𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Mrs. Na's words floated through Jaemin's head as he stepped into school for the first time in a week. He hadn't been able to talk to anyone since Renjun and Jisung came by, and his mother had said 'one more fight like that, and I'll send you to a different school'.

He knew she was just worried about him, and perhaps a little embarrassed that her lovely son would do such a thing to another boy.....but transferring to a different school sounded awful. Yes, Renjun and Jeno wouldn't be there to distract him. But they would most definitely do worse to his mind as he thought about them every waking hour.

The teen found himself stepping closer to his locker, cautiously looking around to find no one of relevance around, and releasing a sigh of relief. The questions and the judgemental gazes would come, there was no doubt.

He just wanted to avoid them for as long as possible.

Goddamnit, this lock is such a pain in my ass, he grimaced as everything seemed to take longer now. Or maybe it was the stress and weight of the world on his shoulders finally buckling down until everything seemed like more of a hassle. More of an effort.

Whispers.

He could hear voices of random kids, various students talking about his massive mistake. Jaemin was positive Donghyuck, who had been allowed to come to school sooner, had been through this as well. It was actually worse than he'd imagined becoming a victim to gossip would be.

He didn't think it'd be so obvious.

"Alright fuckers, begone!" A loud voice called, followed by sarcastic clapping that dispersed the people who had gathered to feast their eyes on Jaemin's tense form.

"Renjun?" He croaked, leaping over to cuddle him and whine. "Oh thank god you're real. I was starting to go delusional, and concoct all sorts of worst-case-scenarios in my head."

"Like me being fake?"

"Mmm, a dream."

Renjun sighed, smiling fondly all the same while peeling the taller off his body and looking around to make sure there were still no clusters of strangers. "It's good to see you. Four days feels like an eternity now."

"Because I'm your boyfriend?"

"Ugh, no. Because we have a mission today. Lee Jeno shall be claimed, I can feel it."

The bluette pouted, flicking the older's forehead in a defeated manner and imagining that his future with him would be much like this. Waiting and waiting for the 'I love you' he'd probably never get. To Renjun, those words were just too difficult.

Down the hall, Mark Lee, a strong and popular male that the new couple recognised to be Jeno's brother, was walking towards them. To his side was Donghyuck, which wasn't usually surprising since they were connected at the hip on a good day. But after the latest update to the school's stories, he didn't think the senior would've wanted to be seen with him.