𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

I'm sorry this took so long to publish, guys. Lady Motivation ran off again and hid under my stack of textbooks...
For better news, we're getting closer to the end of this ;3

─────── • ❥ • ───────

"There was this huge bug, like I shit you not," Jaemin made this ridiculous motion with his hands to signify the completely exaggerated size of a cockroach, "It was this big. I was terrified that the Satan spy would eat my face off during the night, so I had to kill it."

Jeno leaned on his palm against his desk and listened contentedly as usual, though things had changed since these little chats had begun. Now, the older gave him responses and occasionally, on a good day, shared a story of his own. "It was probably more scared of you than you of it, Jaemin."

"What's there to be scared of? I'm so soft."

The classroom door swung open with a crash, producing a small Chinese boy with short breaths and a few books in his arms. The handful of students loitering around the room at lunchtime took notice of the interruption to their conversations, rolled their eyes and continued on with their lives.

"Ah, sorry boys," he panted as he pulled a vacant seat away from someone's desk and slid it to an unoccupied side of Jeno's. Throwing himself down into it, he left his books on the surface and huffed, "My bitch of a geography teacher held me back to discuss the difference of a single grade percentage."

Jeno patted his shoulder to show a little empathy, though retracted it and fixed Renjun's hair along the way. The oldest didn't fail to notice, and during their kiss a week ago, he felt he had worked out what his boyfriend's problem was.

"What was your score?" Jaemin wondered aloud, taking Jeno's hand absentmindedly and playing with the long sleeve. The uniform felt like that of a hand-me-down, but couldn't have been. It was just ill-fitted.

"Either seventy nine or eighty, but that was the debate. It doesn't matter, and I hardly care that much about a measly class test. Anyway, how are you two doing? I'm late."

The youngest was about to retell his story of the mighty insect in his room, and inwardly Jeno knew he couldn't let that happen. Not when it had taken twenty minutes to get through. He swiftly took their hands and ignored his inward scream while making eye-contact for what felt like the first time in forever. "We should go out sometime....together."

Renjun eyed him with somewhat surprise as he shifted his gaze to his second partner and saw a similar expression there. The sight of Jaemin alone made a weird heat flood his stomach lately, like he was seeing the details about his best friend that were never obvious before. Things only the mature-minded would see, not twelve year olds.

"What?" Jeno pouted, "Did I say something weird? Are dates not a thing?"

"Psh, of course they are, Jen," the youngest squeezed his hand reassuringly. "I was just surprised that you would suggest such a thing. It's so....outgoing?"

The ravenette caught sight of a few kids from around the room watching them with curiosity and probably confusion. Nobody could understand the strange trio and what their relationship was....more so, why Jeno was in it. His presence had never been so well-known before Jaemin's good name and Renjun's were attached.

Why? So many students had asked. Answer? Neither even knew. They just liked him. Simple as.

Lately, when Renjun had started joining their little conversations at lunchtime, more things about themselves had come to light. In fact, the oldest was a little disappointed that he had been completely oblivious to this for over a year. All along, he had been writing letters, bottling it up, while Jaemin was confident enough to just try.

"Mum says I've gotten more chatty lately," the tall teen smiled briefly before shooting his gaze to the table again. "I'm getting better at this."

"Things always become easier when there's a partner to rely on, or in your case, two," Jaemin made the 'peace' sign with his fingers. "When I was younger, and I liked Renjun, I was all on my own for the most part. I refused to open up to people for, I don't know, support?"

"I'm sorry I never noticed-"

"It's all fine," the youngest waved it off. "I just think life is too short to be withholding emotions that strong. You should've told Jeno how you felt, not me. Jeno should've admitted to people in the first place that he couldn't stand messes or disorder. We've all been guilty."

Jeno interlaced his fingers nervously, pondering on whether or not now was the time to tell them that he was diagnosed with chronic OCD. Though, he had made a huge mistake that day he confessed to Jaemin....bad time, wrong place. His judgement and ability to read a room were in the lacking stages. Maybe holding off was a better idea....Renjun seemed to be onto something anyway.

Before he could stress about it much further, Jaemin raised his warm hands to place one on Renjun's cheek and the other on Jeno's. The sensation caused the older two's skin to tingle nicely.

"I'm glad you two are working it out," he murmured softly, gliding his thumbs across their cheekbones affectionately and wishing more than anything for this relationship to work. "We've got this, hm?"

The oldest leaned into his touch and elicited a tired yawn, "Can I just sleep on your shoulder for the rest of the day? You're so warm."

Jeno shifted his face to kiss the hand touching his cheek, bringing his own up to hold it. "Thank you...."

"For what?"

"For giving me a chance."

Renjun chuckled softly as he moved his seat around to be beside the blue-haired boy, motioning for Jeno to come around as well, and laying against Jaemin's shoulder to close his eyes.

Jeno hesitantly did as he was told, giving this confused head-tilt to the other tall male as he stayed beside Renjun's resting form. Before he could ask what it was he wanted, the oldest pulled him down, eyes still closed, to rest his head against his chest.

"Clueless boys," he whispered with a small smile and a tiny blush.

Jaemin winked cutely at the ravenette as well as he could, causing him to giggle as all three bathed in one another's company 'til the end of lunch.

─────── • ❥ • ───────

Bit of a filler, but I have more fun planned ahead ;)
Thanks for being patient, guys.