↳ PROLOGUE

▕▔▔▔▔▔▔▿▔▔▔▔▔▔▏
MICK JAGGER PISS-TAKE
▕▁▁▁▁▁▁▵▁▁▁▁▁▁▏

"Anyone watch that thing about jellyfish on Natural Geographic last night?"

That was what life had come to.

That was the fucking standard Frank's life was at right now; Pat's fucking irritating questions.

Though in all fairness maybe that was what Frank deserved after he had let Jack execute his disastrous plan that landed them not only in detention, but on every single social media site the students at their school had. Because who wouldn't want to see a group of scrawny kids get beaten up by the school Football team?

At least Jack had been decent enough to make sure Frank had enough soda cans to throw at them, but Frank's aim was almost as shit as self preservation skills- so they couldn't exactly do much when Ed socked him across the face.

So now they were all in detention.

Patty, Frank, Jack... and Ryan, who had somehow managed to get involved by defending his younger sister, Amy.

Though detentions on Thursdays weren't too bad. Mr Jackson would let them talk for the majority of the time they were there since he pitied them. And in regards to Patty's questions; it technically had been Frank and Jack's fault they were even there so he supposed the least he could do was let Patty ask his fucking mind-numbing questions.

That was Frank's opinion on it all anyway. It was just Frank's role in their weird, dysfunctional group dynamic to be the neutral one. The Switzerland of the eleventh graders. He wasn't hated throughout school as much as his friends, but he definitely wasn't liked- and after their little stunt he was sure Frank's face would be plastered all over social media with a dildo by it. Because the people he went to school with were dickheads, and Frank was... well, a shitty excuse for a pacifist.

He was also the only one without a defined role in their group though, because being quiet and occasionally getting shoved into lockers weren't personality traits.

Jack was the ideas man. He was the man with the fucking plan. Coincidently, he was also the man with the STI, but Frank was sworn to secrecy so he didn't often get the chance to bring it up.

Patty was the reliable one. He was the stereotypical smiley guy who couldn't be around anything with a vagina for more than two minutes before blushing himself into a whole other dimension filled with existential dread. His hair looked like sun-bleached wood, like a mop of blonde strands that framed his eyes which were blue like the water bottle caps he was fiddling with in his hands.

Then there was Ryan, who was like the glue that kept them in-tact. He had brown eyes that reminded Frank a lot of the earth's soil; stained with colours of hot chocolate on a cold night.

He was more often than not making sure they didn't fucking end up completely beaten to a pulp, and sure, technically they were all losers and had the collective ego the size of a grain of rice... but Jack liked to overcompensate with his ideas.

Which is how they always ended up in detention.

But Frank was an optimist after, or, he tried to be at least. He had a thing for looking on the bright side of things- so much so that Jack often joked that Frank could quite literally get-off to positivity, which wasn't true at all but Jack was a special kind of boy. By that Frank meant he was a fucking idiot.