↳ LEVEL 25.0

not too proud of this chapter but hoping it'll make up for me not updating for a while <3

NOT EDITED!!
▕▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▿▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▏
THE TOM CRUISE EQUATION
▕▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

The sky was one of those baby-blue shades.

Not psychedelic candy-blue or the washed out grey so characteristic in wintery mornings. The clouds even seemed like puffs of radiant joy, ready to disperse into the wind, and travel the Earth. Frank watched them idly; pure, reflected rays swirled and mixed with the sky until all that was left was that perfect baby-blue, the same hue as before. It almost seemed as if the sky was inviting him to sprout wings and fly up to the warm thermal air.

The day was postcard perfect.

Frank even had the pleasure to gracefully walk beside Gerard, holding his hand and one of Gerard's spare books he had convinced Gerard to let him carry.

"Top three D.C villains," Gerard grinned, "Go."

Frank smiled nervously to himself, "Um, Riddler... The Penguin... and uh, C-Cat Woman?"

Gerard hummed, swinging their hands happily as a small breeze blew against them - despite the fact that Frank had really been praying it wouldn't be too cold out. He wasn't really one for complaining about the weather - but winter weather always meant he couldn't wear his baggy shirts without having to put on a thick jacket at the very least.

"Can I ask you something?" Gerard asked as his house came into view.

Frank nodded, slowing down to look at him.

Gerard swallowed, his small smile turning uncertain almost. "Do you, like, um, want to... maybe if you're fine with it, come to my house for a bit? N-No weird reason I promise, It's just my brother isn't home right now and I don't really like being home alone... It's fine if you can't though, I was just wondering..."

There was a small explosion in Frank's brain, the good kind of explosion- the kind that carried possibilities and pumped him full of electricity.

"Like, now?" Frank asked quickly, mostly from excitement or maybe nerves he couldn't quite tell. Knowing himself though, it was probably both.

Gerard nodded sheepishly, squeezing his hand. "Please?"

Frank nodded faster than he thought possible, watching a small grin come over Gerard's face as he did a little jumping motion in excitement. Frank felt a smile form all on its own as Gerard laughed happily, kissing the side of his red face.

"Yay!" He grinned, swinging their hands happily.

"We can go down to the basement; there's a pool table and a vintage arcade machine, oh and a projector too!" Gerard rambled on, making Frank grin a bit to himself. Gerard was adorable.

Gerard didn't seem to notice at all though, and he kept his mouth running at an almost inhuman speed. "Oh this is so amazing! Do you have any homework though? Because we should probably do that first... or eat- wait, do you eat and then do your homework or do you do your homework and then eat? Because I usually-"

"Princess, slow down," Frank surprised himself by giggling out the words. "No, I- I don't usually eat when I get home."

Gerard flushed a rosy pink at the pet name, squeezing Frank's hand in turn before nodding. "Oh o-okay... Well, I guess we can just bring some of Dallon's apple pie with us."