↳ LEVEL 3.0

▕▔▔▔▔▔▔▿▔▔▔▔▔▔▏
TOKEN CITY...'S TOILETS
▕▁▁▁▁▁▁▵▁▁▁▁▁▁▏

"Where are you going, Frankie?"

Frank looked up from his untied and quite scruffy shoes. His dizzying eyes fell onto his Mother and Rob who were watching a movie in the living room, coincidently the place Frank had left his large grey hoodie. He didn't really know the dress code for arcades, seeing as he hadn't been to one since before his balls dropped, but he assumed his usual clothes -that were around seven sizes too big for him- would be fine.

"The Arcade." Frank answered softly, shaking some of his hair out of his face. He hadn't bothered brushing it... well, he said that as if he ever really bothered to. He didn't.

There was quite literally no point. There was never anyone to impress.

"Oh, that's actually where Tony's going." His Mother smiled, clearly happy her son and stepson would be stuck in the same building indefinitely... and theoretically getting along.

Frank's face fell quicker than his knees when Anthony gave him a dead-leg.

Frank felt his bitterness start to churn deep in his stomach. "Yeah?"

Rob was the one to nod. "Yeah. Hey, maybe you guys could bond a little... keep a look out for each other?"

Frank bit his lip harshly, suppressing the need to clench his fists as he nodded stiffly. "Maybe."

That was when he heard the soft pattering of paws against the wooden flooring of the living room.

Frank felt the anger fizzle away gradually as Todo rubbed his body against Frank's loose jeans. Frank felt a small smile crawl on his face as he watched the big labrador with adoration. He didn't usually have to see Todo move to know he was close- he could tell when Todo was right at his heels. Every time Frank stopped for even half a minute he would lie down, creating the perfect trip hazard.

"Hey, Tods." Frank said quietly, ignoring his Mother and Rob completely as he crouched down by the large, teddy-bear-like dog.

The dog panted, his mouth open as he stared at Frank and licked at his hands.

Frank grinned wider, his jaw relaxed once again as he pressed a small kiss to Todo's forehead, not caring about hygiene at all. He had been kissing Todo's fur since he had first gotten him. It was his way of letting Todo know he loved him, and it sounded idiotic for Frank to say out loud but... he felt like Todo understood that.

"I'll see you later, buddy." Frank pat Todo one last time before standing straight again, hearing his knees release soft cracks.

He glanced back at his mother before waving at her in parting. But naturally his mother had other thoughts about Frank's choice to simply leave and be on his fucking way.

"Frankie, don't you want to wear something less... big?" She asked, taking in his oversized clothes.

Frank shook his head with a small smile, "'M fine, Ma."

"I know but I don't think the girls'll like it as much as you do." His mother said with a small laugh, making Frank showcase a fake smile.

Right. Girls.

Frank wasn't exactly out to his mother, as hard as that was to believe. He wasn't exactly subtle, but somehow she never really suspected Frank was more on the dick-sucking side of the spectrum.

What was even more surprising than her not knowing he was gay, was how Anthony hadn't told her yet. Because Anthony knew damn well Frank was gay- he had caught him blushing over multiple pretty guys in the supermarket and even when they watched movies with certain actors. Frank just supposed even Anthony had a line he didn't cross, which Frank was very grateful for since he didn't think he could handle being outed to not just his Mother but his step-father too.