↳ LEVEL 2.0

▕▔▔▔▔▔▔▿▔▔▔▔▔▔▏
THE "CLUBHOUSE"
▕▁▁▁▁▁▁▵▁▁▁▁▁▁▏

"Cancel your fucking plans."

That was the first thing Jack said to Frank and Ryan before sloppily dropping his lunch tray on their sticky cafeteria table.

It was a dismal Wednesday, well, Frank chose to believe it was because he'd been awoken earlier that day by Anthony spraying Windex on his face.

It was also raining Frank supposed, but Frank didn't mind the rain too much... naturally he preferred snow or even sunny weather, but he wasn't about to complain about fucking Mother Nature.

"Um," Ryan looked away from his watery chicken pie that the school had so graciously offered him, "Sure."

"Why?" Frank asked after Ryan had failed to check why Jack's fucking inner lunatic was demanding something so vague yet urgent.

Jack let out a small scoff, reaching for his banana that he was yet to open. And for once Frank wasn't speaking metaphorically.

"Well, I—"

"Guys," Jack was swiftly interrupted by Pat, who's cheeks were redder than Frank's after Coach made them run laps in gym. "Guys, my Mom's going on a business trip this weekend."

"Pat, you just ruined a perfectly timed mome-"

"Shut up, asshole," Ryan shoved Jack before turning his attention to Pat. "What's wrong with that?"

That was something Frank always admired about Ryan. Sure Frank could tell Jack to shut the fuck up, but Ryan always managed to do it so nonchalantly, whereas for Frank it took a lot of mental strength and frustration.

Patrick sat down with a frown, his stringy hair brushing over his eyes. "Nothing. Nothing's wrong... I just... I'm gonna be stuck with my Dad all weekend."

That was another thing about Pat.

His dad. He was well into his forties and had the worst case of a gambling addiction Frank had ever seen. Pat had even said that him and his mother once came back from a small vacation to see Pat's dad had pawned the TV, his wedding ring and Patty's guitar.

It was horrible. Frank couldn't imagine his mother or even Rob pawning his guitar. He'd make sure it was the last thing they ever did. But luckily Jack had a part-time job at some movie theatre in town, so with his salary and Frank and Ryan's small guitar gigs they managed to save up enough to buy Pat a new guitar. Of course it wasn't the same, but Patty nearly cried in gratitude when they showed him the new instrument.

Though in regards to Patrick's dad, he wasn't only invested in gambling, which was already bad enough, but he was also quite the smoker. Of course that technically didn't affect Patrick too much, but it seriously bothered him. And it wasn't like his Dad ever did anything inherently bad to Patty, he was just obnoxious and loud and someone had to always be making sure he wouldn't break anything. And that someone was alway Patty at the end of the day.

"I'm sorry dude," Ryan said sympathetically, "But hey, you can stay over at my place for a few nights if you need."

"Thanks, Ry." Pat smiled, "But, I... better make sure he doesn't pawn our car or something."