FIRST - FIFTH

(A/N: Hey Guys, so, this chapter is simply just going over key events that happened throughout the first to fifth years at Hogwarts- some may be shorter and some longer- It'll include things that made Arabella closer to certain characters etc. The chapter after this will start from their sixth year at Hogwarts!)

 The chapter after this will start from their sixth year at Hogwarts!)

F I R S T   Y E A R

It was about three months into the first year at Hogwarts.
Arabella and James had remained friends but already they were drifting.
It wasn't either of their faults However.
Most of their classes weren't together anyway, and when they had free time james would be off with his new friends, much to Arabella's dismay.

She hadn't got the chance to talk to them yet- well, Sirius or Peter, her and Remus were good friends though, he was lovely. They studied together and played chess- But the others seemed nice enough.
Her father soon replied, letting her know that he was proud no matter what.
Euphemia and Fleamont sent their own letter, telling her that she was brave, and how her house doesn't define her.
And how she'd always have james.
Little did they know.

Despite most of her classes being with Slytherins she had the odd one with Gryffindors and Ravenclaws.
That was transfiguration.
She was sat besides Remus in that class, another way in which she got to know him.
But she noticed something odd.
Around a particular time every month, Remus would just disappear for a few days.
He always brushed it off, claiming he was sick, or going to see his mother who was ill.

Arabella was now in the library ready a book she'd picked up when she came across a particular page.
Lycanthropy.
And after reading more about it and figuring out the dates she realised.
The full moon.
The scars.

"Don't jump to conclusions Arabella" she scolded herself.
She was going to get nowhere without proof.

Lets just wait till next month.

And that's exactly what the girl did.

A month later- the day after the full moon.

Once again, Remus hadn't attended lessons for the past two days, at all.
Arabella hadn't even seen him in the great hall for lunch.
So she made her way up to the gryffindor table and smiled at James.

"Ara!" He grinned widely.
He missed seeing her 24/7.

"Hi James, Peter, Sirius" she nodded at them.
They nodded back, the three weren't aquatinted very well.

"What can I do for ya Ara?" James asked, gesturing for her to take a seat.

She obliged with a smile before speaking up.