-xxi. merry fucking christmas

"How far do you reckon it would take me to walk from here back home?" Arabella suddenly blurted

The four Slytherins were situated in Evan's dormitory. They had all finished packing and decided to have one final evening in there before their departures back home tomorrow.

Since they were in Evan's room and he had roommates- who were thankfully nowhere to be seen at the time- they all crammed on to his bed.
Arabella had Viviane's head resting in her lap as she ran her fingers through her best friends silk black hair.
Evan and Regulus were sat opposite them, Regulus had thrown his legs over top of Evans- much to his dismay. But he claimed his leg needed to stretch still- even though it was fully healed.
But they were all comfortable, and that was good.

"What, from school to your house?" Viviane asked while Arabella nodded.

"Ara, you live in Bath," Regulus said. "That's seven hours away in those muggle mobiles. So it'd be a hundred hours plus"

Arabella hummed in response. "Good to know" she nodded.

Evan and Regulus sent one another a look- it was as if she was actually contemplating walking.

"But anyway, are we all excited to go home?" Viviane asked.

A scowl soon spread across the boys faces.

"Oh I can't wait," Evan drawled.

"Constantly hearing your a disappointment from your own father never gets old. And don't get me started on the bruises. They're the highlight of my day honestly" he chuckled bitterly, Arabella and Viviane sending one another worried glances.

"Yep, and I can't bloody wait for mother to scream bloody murder when Sirius does something stupid- and we all know that's inevitable for him"

Arabella winced, she could practically hear Walburga Black's screams.
It was safe to say that Sirius had been sent one too many howlers over the years, so her screams and shouts were practically engraved in Arabella's brain- along with anyone else who bared witness to them.

Viviane sat up suddenly.

"Why don't you both leave? You'd be welcome at either of our homes" She said softly, Arabella nodding her head in agreement.

"We can't" Regulus sighed heavily.

"If I leave then my mum is alone. And I can't leave her with him" Evan continued.

Arabella shook her head slightly. She knew about the abuse Evan endured when he was at home- he took the brunt of it to protect his beloved mother.

"And it's bad enough Sirius acts like he's no longer their son. I can't leave my parents childless" Regulus finished.
It was hard for them, truly.
Evan still stuck up for his beliefs at home whereas Regulus felt like he couldn't. But still, their parents were as bad as each other. Still stuck in their prejudice ways. It was almost shocking that their children had turned out different.