- ix. strange behaviour

Plants had always intrigued Arabella, she wasn't sure what it was about them

But from a very young age- two or three- she'd been obsessed with just sitting out in the garden and carefully looking at each flower.

Of course she didn't know the ins and outs of it back then, she just thought they were pretty- but as she grew, Arabella learnt to love plants and all the meanings and uses they have.

Her father once told her that Florence, Arabella's mother, too loved plants.
In fact, once they'd got married and moved into the manor, she planted every single one there.

The big pine trees, the rose bushes, hydrangeas, lilies- god there was even more.
It truly brightened up the place.

But now Arabella was sat with Professor Beery in the greenhouse a while after dinner had finished, she was explaining the difference between two particular plants as Arabella wrote down some notes.

It had also been around two weeks since the incident with Markus, he was released from the infirmary a week ago.

He hadn't dared look Arabella in the eye when he saw her in the common room, but she saw his injuries.

A majority of them had healed but there was a large scar on the side of his face that when through his eyebrow.
It looked painful, some might say even worse than Remus' scars.

But hey, at least he knew to never do that to anyone again, let alone Arabella.

"Thank you for your help professor. I really appreciate it" she smiled thankfully as she gathered her belongings.

"Oh that's no problem my dear. I'm always here to help, now off you go- it's getting near curfew"

Arabella nodded with a smile, they said their goodbyes and Arabella was off to her common room.

On the way there she passed a few students who were just chatting in the hall as well as the odd couple who were giving one another a kiss before going back to their respective dorms.

"Lils!" Arabella smiled happily as she saw the read head.

"Ara! Are you okay?" She asked as they walked up to one another.

"I'm good I'm good. I just realised, I never asked you how your date went with Corey?"

"Oh that," Lily rolled her eyes slightly.

"He was a twat, tried to get me to sleep with him afterwards" she replied, causing Arabella's mouth to fall open.

"The cheek of that boy! You're better off without him anyway lils" she said firmly.

Lily nodded appreciatively.

"I am, but it's pretty rubbish you know?" She shrugged.
Arabella agreed, she too wanted to find someone who'd be loyal, take care of her and just love her.
But not having anyone made her feel as if she wasn't good enough.