- viii. a close call

Thursday afternoon and it was a free lesson for a majority of the sixth year students

The fact that it was raining heavily meant that everyone was cooped up inside.
But with it being the last period of the day and dinner being relatively soon, most of them were basking in the warmth of their common rooms.

The start of the week had gone relatively quick.
But with many essays already set, students were  cracking on.

There was no doubt that charms had been extremely awkward.
Professor Merrythorp had refused to change the seating plan, so instead she made the class do extra group projects to ensure they would talk.

Oh how wrong she was.
The pair hadn't spoke since their detention on that fateful Friday, and neither one of them planned to apologise or even look at each other for a long, long time.
That poor professor didn't realise she was dealing with two of the most stubborn people on the planet.

But now, Arabella was on her way back to the Slytherin common room from the library.

Before she could fully make it there a hand grasped hers and pushed her against the hard brick wall.

"What on earth" she coughed.

Looking up, her jade green eyes met the cold brown ones of Markus Nott.

"Nott, what the hell are you doing?"

Arabella could see his glare, it was practically illuminated by the few light fixtures one the walls that led down to the Slytherin dungeons.
But Arabella realised they weren't quite in the lead up to the dungeons, they were in a cut off- that meant nobody would interrupt.

"Estella told me what you did. D'you really think you can have a got at my sister and get away with it?" He spat.

Arabella rolled her eyes at his dramatics.

"I didn't have a go at her. I just told her and her friends not to BULLY another student" she said sternly.

"You calling my sister a liar?"

"Yep" she relied bluntly.

Markus slowly grabbed his wand and pointed it towards her neck, the tip of it nearly piercing her skin.

"Maybe I should teach you a lesson?"

Arabella's heart began to race.
She didn't know what he meant, but she knew the outcome wouldn't be good.

"Nott-

"Now now Arabella, I can practically smell your fear" he chuckled maliciously.

"Please don't do this Nott, I'll apologise to Estella if you want?" She begged, extremely scared.

"Too late pretty" he smirked.

His free hand cascaded down her body, grabbing both of her small hands in his large one- meaning she couldn't even grab her own wand to defend herself.
He dug his nails into one of her wrist, causing the skin to pierce.