- xi. a pinky promise

Arabella followed Alden down the corridor until she was finally close enough to call his name

"Mulciber!"

He turned around and rose a brow at the petite blonde who was running towards him.

"Um, hello?" He asked confused once she'd finally reached him.

"I- I need to talk to you" she panted heavily.

"About?" He asked impatiently.

She looked around and saw a few students now leaving the great hall.
Saying nothing, she took his hand and led him to the Slytherin common room.
This wasn't too crazy to him, but he was shocked however when she led him to her room.

"Um, listen Arabella- I'm flattered really but I'm sure Cain would love to take this offer up a lot more-

Arabella cut him off with a scoff.

"I just didn't want anyone to hear us, don't be crude. Now I want you to be honest with me" She said, moving the open book over on her bed so she could sit.

He nodded unsure as he too took a seat on her bed.

"When I came to get Evan for patrol last night you lot were acting suspicious, what was that about?" She asked sternly.
For the first time, Alden Mulciber looked nervous, he looked extremely nervous.

"I don't know what you mean"

"Yes, yes you do Alden. I'm worried about him- so please tell me. What was the conversation about?" She begged.

Alden saw Arabella's pleading eyes, he didn't know what to do.
Hell, him and Arabella had never had a proper conversation- it was always insults thrown here and there as well as the occasional scoff.
So why on earth was he about to open up to her?

"You need to promise not to say anything" he said in a hushed tone.

Arabella nodded eagerly.
"I won't I promise!"

"Well- he sighed- Cain got a letter from his father, but it was addressed to all of us in the dorm. He was talking about the um, the dark lord. He's wants us to join his ranks" he whispered.

Arabella's mouth fell open, no.
How could he not tell her this, he knew the hatred she has for the dark lord.

"What the fuck" was all she managed to muster out.

"I know I know. But you can't say anything-

"Alden, you boys didn't agree- did you?" She asked cutting him off.

"No, no god no Arabella. Of course we haven't agreed. Bloody hell we're only sixteen- but I doubt we have any choice" he said, shocking her.
He was quite the supremacist at times, so him not wanting to join the dark lords ranks really confused her.