- vi. honesty is the best policy

Friday had rolled around quicker than Arabella would've liked

And with it being Friday, it meant that her detention was today.

Arabella slowly made her way to Professor Merrythorp's classroom, not wanting to do her detention in the slightest.

She walked in and saw James was already sat on a chair.

"Arabella, glad you're here. Now I want you both to clean this classroom- no magic allowed. So please hand over your wands" she said, holding out her hand.

James reluctantly placed it in her hand and Arabella did the same.

"You can come collect them after you've finished. I'll be in my office, and if I hear any arguments- you'll be here same time next week. Understood?" She asked firmly.

The teens nodded and she left the room.

Arabella didn't even look at James as she got to work.
She used a rag and some soap to clean up the stains on a desk while James organised the shelves.

The pair cleaned In an awkward silence, neither of them looking at one another.
Arabella was cleaning rather quickly so she was able to make it to the party later on.

"Are you going to the party?" James suddenly asked.
Arabella didn't bother looking up from her cleaning  and scoffed lightly.

"Since when do we make small talk?"

"Since you admitted you missed me" he replied, Arabella could practically hear the smirk in his voice, and this was confirmed when her head shot up quickly.

"How did you-

"Remember that invisibility cloak we used to play with?" 

She shook her head, getting back to her work.

"You're an arse Potter" she muttered angrily.
He shook his head with a sigh, he thought it'd make her laugh.
Clearly not.

"You're such a hypocrite!" He suddenly snapped, causing her to look up once again.

"Pardon?"

"I heard everything you said yesterday," He began.

"You talked about how you want to be friends again and how you missed me- blah blah blah. It was clearly bullshit. You know what maybe Sirius was right, maybe you're just as bad as the other Slytherins" he chuckled bitterly.