Chapter Eight

I needed more information on the traitor. It was still a little while before sunset, I could still head into the village and get more information. With that in mind I told everyone where I was going and that I'd be back soon. Midnight, of course tagging along.

When we got to the village there was a guy standing at the platform facing the seats. Staying out of his direct line of sight I made my way to an empty spot in the last row.

Looking at the man I could definitely tell he was mayor. He wore a more casual tux as well as short auburn hair, while he had tanned skin and hazel eyes.

"Thank you all for coming, I know this was short notice but I was given more word on the witches." He waited for the murmuring crowd to die down before being again. "As you know there is a reward going around for the catching of any magical being, $1,000,000 and I will give a small 5-10,000 reward to our mysterious helper. The rest going to our town of course. Our helper has just given me word that she thinks there is more around but has to kept searching. As of right now I can say there is only one part of the forest they seem to be residing in and I will wait for more information before searching the area thoroughly. Announcement over."

Getting up with everyone else I started mindlessly walking around, lost in thought.

So they know about "mythical" creatures and are actively searching for them. Well this just got a little harder.

That's when I saw two girls who looked to be about my age. I walked over to them hoping they were talking about the traitor. Walking I heard they were talking about the hooded figure.

"Sorry to interrupt your conversation but I'm new here- I just moved in, and I was curious about the whole witch thing."

Please don't be able to tell I'm lying.

"Sure but we aren't catching you up." A girl with blonde hair and blue eyes said.

"No problem, I was at the announcement."

"OK," started a girl with dark brown hair and almost black eyes. "No one knows who the mystery helping is but I've heard she had bright blue eyes."

"Bright blue? I thought it was dark blue, or possibly green." The auburn haired girl said.

"Ugh, Shelby, no. They were bright blue."

Holding her hands up in a "that's just what I heard," manor Shelby stayed silent.

"OK, anyways," The other girl said, drawing out the end of anyways. "I heard from people that were there when she was speaking that everything but her eyes were dark. Dark skin, dark hair,but bright blue eyes."

"That's really mysterious." And helpful.

Shelby looked down at a bright blue watch on her wrist before saying, "Sam, it's 6, we have to go now." She turned to me and said "Cya around......?"

"Storm."

"Cya around Storm." Shelby said while Sam just have me a simple "Bye Storm. "

I turned back around, not knowing where to go next. Thinking about the clues I was just given, leaving out the eye color, I was down to two people, Aqua or Ruby- the sisters. I needed to go see them.

Walking back to the clearing I tried to remember how to do the teleportation spell. I couldn't get the numbers right. All I knew I had right was that I needed Maple leaves, berries, a piece of hair or even spit from the person I was teleporting to, as well as a place to grind and mix them.

Gathering leaves and berries on the way I decided to stop at the house and find something to mix and grind them with. Thankfully I found our grinding rock and it was unscathed! My luck was pretty great today.

I still need hair from one of them.

Heading for where we kept our brushes I started looking for a stray piece of hair on either brush. I found one on Aqua's brush as soon as I saw her's. Happy with what I had I walked back to the clearing.

****

That night I waited till everyone was asleep before hopping out of bed and start making the spell. I had cleaned out the metal bowl we had and started grinding everything up. I had finally figured out what the ratio was, a leaf for every four berries. I made it easily knowing what I was doing and was soon getting ready to go.

Just as I was about to lift up the bowl to drink from it, Midnight started pawing my leg. Looking down at her she sent me an image of the dark forest with glowing eyes in the darkness around the trees. I sent her an image back showing that I would be going straight to Aqua. Again she showed me the same image.

Not knowing what she meant I said aloud, "Girl, I have to go now if we want to get our coven back."

She finally stopped pawing my leg and backed up. I put enough to get back with in a small bottle and got ready to drink the rest.   With a deep breath I drank the potion. Once it was gone I put the bowl back on the bench.

Here we go, please work.