Chapter Ten

They looked up at us and I could see their clothes were torn and covered in dirt just like their faces. Poppy and I helped them up as the girls walked over.

"Are you OK? What happened to you four after the rest of our coven was taken?" I asked.

"We were searching for materials- near the village, when we heard people walking through the forest. Doing as we practiced we all got into trees. We watched from above as everyone got dragged to the village and heard the mocking cries of the people who saw them. For days we were sitting in those trees- people kept coming to look for more of us! Finally we had a chance to run and we ran here knowing it was the safest place for us." Ren said as we walked them over to the river and helped clean them up.

"Daisy, can you grab some of our left overs for them?" I asked.

Swiftly and on silent feet Daisy did as she was told, bringing back a handful or two of blueberries and some salad for them. They gladly and quickly are the food before drinking from the river.

Turning around to face the girls I said, "Help them get settled, I'm going back to the village."

They all nodded at me before tending to them alongside Poppy.

Once I was outside of the thorn barrier I sprinted. I didn't stop till I was in the plaza. Catching my breath I started heading towards the jailhouse. Thankfully I knew what street it was on and what it looked like inside, otherwise this would be pointless.

I kept my head down must of the way, not seeing the guy I bumped into.

"Oof!" He grunted as I knocked into him, causing him to call to his hands and knees.

"I'm sorry! I should've been looking where I was going!" I looked down at the boy I just knocked over.

He had darker skin, still decently light, with half of his head of black hair shoved while the other half was down to his shoulders. As he turned around to face me I saw he had one bright blue eyes and one bright green eye. I gasped when I saw him. He checked every box for all the details I needed!

He didn't seem to notice my gasp as I helped him up. "It's OK, it happens to all of us." When he looked at my face properly he seemed to realize I wasn't from the village. "Did you just move here? I don't think I know you."

I did my best to keep my voice from wobbling as I said, "I just moved in with my aunt and uncle. I'm Storm by the way." I held out my hand for him to shake.

Shaking it firmly he said, "Nice to meet you. I'm Jacob, the mayor's son."

Wait? If he's the mayor's son would be need all that money?

"Well I have to get going now, bye!" I called to him as I turned and walked away.

He responded with a small wave and smile before walking the other way.

Once I was at the edge of the forest I sprinted. Slowing as I neared the house I started looking for evidence that it really was someone from the coven.

I found nothing, nothing! Sitting back on my legs I started really thinking. If I couldn't find anything here, no hoodie, or village thing, then it was most definitely him. But then again, whoever did this could know how to cover their tracks.

"Ugh!" I cried into the forest. "I just want my coven back!" In a fit of anger, I used my powers to cause crazy strong winds to blow through and knock things over.

That's when I heard them, footsteps.

Pausing, I listened. I started to hear heavy breathing.

Getting ready to fight I walked back outside and walked towards the side of the house I heard it on.

Gulping, I shouted "Who's there?!" before rounding the corner.