Chapter Nine

It felt like the world was starting to spin as the forest around me changed to the village's jailhouse. I found myself in a large jail cell surrounded by my coven members. It didn't feel like everyone was there but I was glad I could see some of them. I was standing next to Aqua, still in her outfit from the day she was taken. Black combat boots with skinny jeans tucked in and a shirt similar to my dress but it had no sleeves.

When they all realized I was there they looked ready to shout. They all walked over to me and took me up in a group hug. Happy to be with them again we sat like that for a minute. Once we pulled apart I told them why I was here.

Everyone turned to Aqua and Ruby.

"Look, I know it most likely wasn't you two but from the information I have, it has to be one of you two." I told them.

"We understand." Aqua said.

"OK. Where were either of you the day before they came?" I asked both of them.

"I was with Gabby gathering materials." Ruby told me.

I turned to my mixed friend. Her hair was a ginger color with some highlights in it that complemented her matching red orange eyes.

"It's true." She confirmed. "We even went the opposite direction of the village."

A saw a few nods confirming this information.

"I can't tell you." Aqua said.

"What? Why not?" I asked. Looking around I saw that everyone else was just as surprised.

"I just, can't."

"Well I'm not going to call you the traitor right away but, from what you're saying I think it's you."

"I understand- but know this, I love you guys more than anything."

"OK. I have to go now, goodbye, I'll get you out soon."

And in a pinch I was back in the clearing.

Huh, didn't think that would work. Guess it just takes you back to where you were before.

****

The next morning was simple. We woke up, I made eggs, and we started training. Today they were finally learning how to use all four elements.

We started with fire. I thought them the simple "snap flame" as I like to call it, and we worked on that till it was decent. Then we worked with water again quickly. Everyone was perfect at water so it wasn't long before we moved in to earth. That's when problems emerged.

"Think of it as you're giving the plant energy and in return it grows for you in the way you want." Poppy had to keep reminding them.

It was at least an hour before everyone got that step and was able to reverse it. Then it was time for air. A simple mini tornado at the finger tip.

"OK, focus on pulling in the air around your finger as you swirl it in a circle. While pulling in that air start moving your finger in smaller and faster circles." I explained to them.

Soon they had mastered the mini tornado.

"Now try switching between the four." Poppy instructioned.

They would snap a fire into the pit, put it out with a water ball, cover any burnt ground with grass, and then finally whisk away any dust using a larger tornado.

"Great job girls. You're doing really well." They all seemed at my compliment. "Training session over for today."

They all ran off to practice their magic some more, but this time together, using their main elements.

As Poppy and I watched the girls use their magic we suddenly heard rustling behind us. Jumping around, Poppy and I stood in battle ready stances. Midnight jumped in between us and ran to the bushes.

"Midnight! Be careful!" I told her.

I'm response she started meowing at me and the bush. Then a grouping of four people burst through the bushes and landed panting at our feet. I was getting ready to attack when I realized who it was.

"Julie? Ren? Jamie? Oceania?!"