Chapter Eleven

"Don't hurt me!"

I stopped as the person screamed out, covering their face. Taking a closer look I realized who it was.

"Jacob!? Why are you here?" I lowered my arms.

"I was heading back towards my house after I got a text from my dad, when I saw you sprint into the woods."

"So your first instinct was to follow me?!"

"No one's gone into the woods after the witches were found. And you seemed to know where you were going so I got curious."

"How much did you see?"

"Enough to know you're a witch!"

"Please don't say anything, I only want my coven back. I know you did before but-"

"I've never said anything about a witch before. Other than the ones in the jailhouse I've never seen a witch. Well, until now."

"But you match every detail about the mysterious figure who told the town about a witch coven."

"Well I was there when the girl came to my dad to tell him about it."

"So it's not you?"

"Nope."

We just kind of stood in awkward silence before he blurted out, "Can I help you? Nothing interesting happens but now there's a witch coven and a witch is trying to get it back."

"I mean, I guess. But if you say anything about there being a witch left from the coven you'll regret it."

"Are you sure witches are harmless?"

"We are but we can be dangerous when needed to be."

"OK. I'm gonna head back now, I'll be able to help you tomorrow. Bye."

I watched as he walked off before leaning against the wall. Taking deep breaths I felt like I was almost back to square one. I had almost found out who had told the village but it was a false lead.

I just need that to find the clothes that she was wearing! Then I can have people wear it and however fits into it is the traitor.

I started heading back to the clearing. I felt like I was running out of time.

I just hope that Jacob can tell me more about the girl.

~Thanks for reading!
Sorry this chapter is a little shorter, the next one will be back to it's normal size.
Enjoy the story :)~