Chapter Nineteen

The clearing was getting full, way too full. I was ready to sleep on the grass outside the willow tree. Thankfully Jacob would be gone tomorrow and it would just be one extra person.

The next day Jacob watched as we trained.

"OK. Lily how much do you know?" I asked.

"I can control three of the four elements, fire being my weak spot." She replied.

"Alright, we'll practice fire at the beginning of training before moving on." Poppy instructioned.

We practiced fire balls and snap flames for a couple of minutes before Lily had the same amount of ability with all the elements. Jacob oh-ing and ah-ing at almost everything.

"So now we'll move on to practicing two elements at once, like yesterday." I said.

"Two at once?" Lily asked.

"You could practice switching between the four without breaking and then once you felt comfortable with that, join us with two at once." I suggested.

"OK."

"The rest of you can practice on your own, working on your weak spots." Poppy said.

And with that Poppy and I worked with Lily while the others practiced the double element tricks. Soon Lily was ready to join them with using two elements. As we turned back to them we say a crazy sight.

They were combining every element with every other element. Water with earth, fire with air, earth with fire. It was insane but they were fine. What they were doing shouldn't even be possible.

"Do I have to learn that?" Lily asked.

"I didn't even know that was possible. " I admitted.

"Woah, girls. I don't think that should be fully possible." Poppy said to them.

"Oh, well we found a way to make it work." Oceania said, holding a water and earth ball together.

"Well help Lily with the combos we taught you." I said.

"Okie dokie." Daisy said.

With that Poppy and I watched as the five of them made the double element combos, they even tried to reach Lily the extra combos.

****

We went to the lake that day, splashing each other like the other day. Jacob had gone home by then and Lily had grabbed some clothes from her house.

After having sandwitches, the missing food coming from Lily, we messed around with our magic before going to sleep. I woke up to Midnight pawing at my face. Sitting up I saw a tiny amount of sunlight coming thought the leaves, letting me know it was most likely 5 or 6 in the morning.

I was about to ask Midnight what she wanted when she sent me an image of the hooded figure. I looked at her in confusion before she sent me a series of images telling me to follow her. I sent her images back that if I went I could easily be seen and she would go alone.

She paused for a moment before jumping off my bed and running into the forest. I waited quietly for her return, doing almost everything to keep myself from falling asleep.

When she returned she jumped on my bed in a sprinting panic. She sent me the images from before, Jacob's dad and the villagers bursting into the clearing but this time, the rest of us were being dragged away. Then she set me an image of the sun in the middle of the sky.

"Noon today that'll happen?" I asked.

Midnight gave me a bone chilling nod.

Then I passed out. I don't know if it was from fear, shook, or even how tired I was but I do remember waking up to everyone laughing and the sound of water splashing.

I got up, slipping my shoes on and walking out into the clearing. There was a breakfast of toast waiting for me and with a quick hold over small flame it was warm again.

I looked up at the sun as I walked over.

No, nonononono! It was noon!

As I frantically looked around, searching for something to do, I realized we could just avoid them!

"Everyone, into the trees! Now!" I cried out.

"Why?" Jamie asked.

"Midnight told me that the village would come to the clearing at noon," I pointed at the sun, everyone else saw that it was noon. "that's why."

In a scramble we were all into the surrounding trees, I didn't know where Midnight was but I knew she could take care of herself.

I got in a tree with Lily, Ren with Jamie, Julie with Oceania, Daisy with Flame, Topaz with Skylar, and Poppy in her own tree.

We all watched the clearing, waiting for when they showed up. It's wasn't long that we were waiting when they burst through the clearing.

They started searching around, pushing into the willow and whipping everything out and smashing some of the surrounding area.

"Ugh! She must of lies to us!" Jacob's dad, the mayor said.

"I didn't." Said a deep female voice.

We all turned towards the voice and there, on the other side of the clearing was the hooded figure. For once I was finally seeing who ruined my coven's life.I

"They all scattered before you came, like they knew you where coming." She said.

"So some dirty rotten traitor told them we were coming." The mayor said, anger making his words filled with poison . He turned back to the others that were with him and said "Let's go back and plan out our next moves."

And they were turning around and stomping back into the forest.

Looking around I didn't see the figure, turning to everyone and giving them the OK to get down.

Once we were on the ground again the girls went back under the willow to collect our stuff.

That's when I heard a hiss followed by a loud "Let go cat!"

All of us turned towards the noise. It was Midnight, pulling at the figure's cloak. She finally ripped and off and at seeing who was there was all gasped in shock.